Thread: Anyone Fished Crescent Lake for Grayling This Summer?

Default Anyone Fished Crescent Lake for Grayling This Summer?

Looking to bike into Crescent Lake, I think there might be more than one, I'm referring to the one in Cooper Landing. Anyone been up there Grayling fishing this summer? Just want to see how the bite is and what flys anyone is having luck with.

Thanks for the info!

Default Free bump!

Wanting to hear the same---

Planning on heading up for the weekend here within the next couple weeks. Will hike in however.

Will

Default cresent lake

just got back to michigan . was up to cresent 7/16 7/17 skunked first day. caught 5 second day . used 1 mepps orange did best with nice fish one was fifthteen .good hike too.

Default Heading up 2nd weekend in August

Think I am heading up second weekend in August.

Will

Default interested

I've never hike up to the lake before, but think i might try it in a few weeks. I know there is a cabin up there, but do you have to reserve it ahead of time? And if its full, is there anywhere to set up a tent to camp out for a weekend? Ive heard its easily biked too, so i might consider that also.

And what kind of fish are there besides grayling in the lake? Any rainbows or dollys in there at all?

Default Cresent lake

The last time I was there we flew in in an anphibian airplane. We taxied right up to the shoreline in front of the cabin. There was nobody staying there, but I have also heard that it can fill up fast. If no one is staying there, you can use it. There is still plenty of room to tent camp if you want, just be sure to give the "cabin" guest some room, just like you would expect if you were renting it.

I fished the river and the mouth areas using dry flies and caught greyling as fast as i could cast again. Nothing big, mostly 10-12", but they were fun. Bring lots of flies as they hit'm hard and they wear out fast.

Adison

Fished Crescent Lake July 21st. Caught a handful of nice Grayling on Spinners. The were taking flys off the surface, but I could not get one to take, though we were fishing the middle of the day.

If your biking, definately take the 6 mile ride. I'm not sure the 3 mile would be doable on a bike.

We had our best luck near the streams.

Default Help with Crescent Lake

I wanted to bump this to the top and repeat the question for help/advice. I will be taking my father-in-law out to Crescent and I have never been there or Grayling fishing.

We have the cabin and hence the boat as well so any advice on location and essential gear/flies to bring would be greatly appreciated as well.

Looking forward to a great trip out there.

I just got back from Crescent lake yesterday. We fished the lake on Saturday and had good success on the lake with an orange meeps, i didnt have much with flies. Fishing was best at the mouth of Crescent creek, grayling were all over the creek and they took just about anything i threw in. We had luck with flies and spinners there.