Thread: Bow push plate

Default Bow push plate

Well I stole this idea from Bkmail. Canít wait to give it a try next time we head out deer hunting. Should help center up the bow on the trailer nicely. Now time to weld up some rear trailer guide ons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I like ot

Nice job Rob, that will get you squared up nicely when loading up the boat.
    Add the load bunks and you wont care if its blowing, makes life much easier at the dock.
    Very nice!
    Bk

BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Looking good! It's not gonna grab or crush your rope locker drain clamshell is it?

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Dang, you saw that too? Yeah, I'm curious to see how it does on the first recovery. If it does, I'll rework my angles and weld it back up.
    MMSI# 338232859

It definitely will crush the clamshell.

Rob,
    That clamshell looks much too shiny anyways...

LOL No kidding. Might grind it off if I can't figure outa way to reposition the bow catch

Quote Originally Posted by roybekks View Post
    Rob,
    That clamshell looks much too shiny anyways...
    MMSI# 338232859

Oh, and spacers on the cross bolts or it may cave in.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I like the idea, but loading my river boat in current off a beach on the river this would not work very well. The ocean boat at a ramp in a harbor is different. In strong cross winds I'd be concerned about the out side ends of the V and getting blown onto one of those sharp edges. The thickness of the bumpers might be on the thin side to hold up to to the sharp keel extrusion and missing by a inch or two. I know the guys at Deep Creek use a beefed up version and hit them at a good speed. I still think your onto a good idea. If you make changes keep us posted I'm interested, I'll have to check out what Brian has done. Bunk guides and or roller guides are on my list for the ocean boat trailer this spring. Post what you end up for guides please.

10' long guide on bunks on the ocean boat line you up to hit the bow push plate almost dead center. Between these two add on's even a blind guy can load the boat successfully at the dock.
    The push plate has uhmw bolted down so the keel of the boats slides right into the pocket lining up the bow hook.

We have multiple boats that we have fabricated these for. All with great results at the tractor launch in deep creek.

AktoAz, There are thru bolts under the trailer frame, just as you see the 2 above the trailer frame in the pic. These sandwich the trailer beam between the two vertical supports, you can't collapse it.

Its a very simple and sturdy design that works.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Once I️ grind down the clam shell just a tab she should slide on and off just fine. Last weekend I️ welded up the guide ones like BK was talking about. Turned out great I️ think.

MMSI# 338232859

Thanks for posting the pics. This is pretty much what I planned to do only longer because I have a 3 axle trailer, 12'-14'.

Looks like you only have 1 clam shell and hole draining your anchor locker, I'd just grind it off, I've got plain holes one on each side but further back in the anchor locker, they work fine without a clam shell.

When I get back to AK in a couple weeks I'm going to look at using the push plate idea on my trailer. For the past 7 years I have loaded without guides or push plate etc. What was I thinking?