Thread: Bear Mountain Meats is A+

Default Bear Mountain Meats is A+

A friend had some moose made into Italian sausage, hot dogs, and Salami at Bear Mountain Meats in Palmer. He was kind enough to share a bunch with us. It is absolutely great. Dogs are wrapped in edible casing not plastic. They plump up when you cook 'em too. I would recommend them in a heart beat!
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

We started using them last yr and top notch outfit.

Good to know. Never heard of them. Do you know if they guarantee your own meat back? Do they process bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Good to know. Never heard of them. Do you know if they guarantee your own meat back? Do they process bear?
    Looking at their website they do both, promise your own meat back & process bear. Will definitely give them a shot next year.

Brian yes they do! We switched due to Glenn being swamped and calling being told try again tomorrow. Not a jab at Glenn just glenn is swamped. There breakfast sausage is pretty darn good. When you go out there they have a pretty good operation! The guys dad takes in all the meat and he is pretty cool fella.

While I have not had any meat processed there, I did deal with them last winter. I did some snow plowing for them. In walking into their shop, it was clean and it smelled right for a meat processing place. My have to give them a try!

They are already next on my list to try. But dang itís a long ways from big lake...not going to the place out here since I watched them take a loose dog inside the other day..
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    ...not going to the place out here since I watched them take a loose dog inside the other day..
    Gotta source the meat for that hot dog special somehow

Just got my dm413 moose back from Bear Mountain Meats last week. They did a great job and the burger and jumbo hotdogs are awesome.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.