Thread: Head on Fur hat

Default Head on Fur hat

I am looking to get a full head fur hat made out of a bear that I got this year.
    I want to have the head done up similar to a rug, and sit on top the hat with the paws coming down around my shoulders.
    Does anyone know of someone who will make the hat part?
    Any information would be appreciated,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frey7167 View Post
    I am looking to get a full head fur hat made out of a bear that I got this year.
    I want to have the head done up similar to a rug, and sit on top the hat with the paws coming down around my shoulders.
    Does anyone know of someone who will make the hat part?
    Any information would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Not sure where you're at but howling wolf furs in Kasilof does really nice work. I had her make a hat for me out of beaver and a silver fox that I got in Kodiak and I was more than happy with it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Tony, did you tan your furs before handing it off, or did you deliver them to howling wolf raw? I just picked up my first beaver, and once I have a few I'd like to find someone to sew up a few hats for my boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Tony, did you tan your furs before handing it off, or did you deliver them to howling wolf raw? I just picked up my first beaver, and once I have a few I'd like to find someone to sew up a few hats for my boys.
    Yeah they were already tanned when I dropped them off. I have several things made by her and all of them are top notch. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Leon Metz in Soldotna Northland Furs

For a true Rondy style head mount fur hat hes the best

Supporting Member

My wife has done some beaver and sea otter hats for me, and one beautiful beaver,land otter and sea otter vest that I wear all the time. She's one heck of a skin sewer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I can't be the only one that thinks there is a joke in there somewhere....

Anyway, by "picked up" do you mean fresh from the pond or is it already tanned?

Denali fur and leather in wasilla is top notch. Wayne does excellent work and is very affordable too.
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com