Thread: noatak village take out

Default noatak village take out

I was wondering a few things concerning the Noatak river. Any one know the float time from Kelly river down to the Noatak village? Any problems taking out at Noatak? I understand water levels will vary , I shouldn't have a problem though I will have a pack raft, so walking during low water shouldn't be too bad. Just interested in any concerns using the village as a take out vs flying out at Kelly river bar. Ill be floating in mid august

We ended our trip at the Village with an Ally canoe. Flying the scheduled flight out is always cheaper than a charter. I suppose that is why you are doing it? Just make sure you are in the far west channel of the river at the Village! Are you fishing on the Kelly?

Yes, I will be fishing the Kelly and possibly the avan and the kugururuk. Saving flight costs is definitely one of the main reasons to float down to the village and fly out from there. I imagine a day and a half would be a reasonable float time from the Kelly to the village.

I flew into the Kelly and Kug many times to fish for char. I don't remember the river miles between them and the Village. As the river turns South though it braids in the flats, important to remember to be on the West side of the braided channels to see the Village! GPS is the way to go, hard to see much down at river level when paddling.

That is my back yard and have taken out there many times. Give me a call if I can provide any info.

Walt
    907-259-4290

figure 15 miles of river , roughly, to each mile grid on a map.

Noatak is way chill, you should have it easy there.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....