Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The 10/22 is awesome.

  1. #1
    Member Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    4,690

    Default The 10/22 is awesome.

    20171010_175704.jpg
    It was a good day yesterday small game hunting. I only missed one that had a red cape on as four shots and nothing. He was bullet proof. Saw about 5 more that I wasn't able to get decent shots at. Two spruce hens helped round out the bounty.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  2. #2

    Default

    Looks like the makings of a fine meal!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Default

    Good on you....was it luck or skill..nowadays I'm thinking I would rather have luck than skill!!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    For bunny's and birds, I can't think of a better combo then a 10/22...

  5. #5
    Member Mountain Man Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Anchorage
    Posts
    308

    Default

    What set up are you running on your 10/22's? I am thinking about scoping mine with a takeoff 3x9 I have laying around. Hoping to get out next weekend with my son.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Soldotna
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Looks like a good meal

    10/22's and Henry levers for me

  7. #7
    Member Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    I have a vortex .22 variable on it. Great scope.

    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man Jack View Post
    What set up are you running on your 10/22's? I am thinking about scoping mine with a takeoff 3x9 I have laying around. Hoping to get out next weekend with my son.
    I had an older Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40 laying around so I threw it on my Ruger. I keep it on 5x. Makes those headshots a whole lot easier!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Ever used the marlin heavy bbl 22s? They’re not made in 22lr anymore, and like an idiot I sold mine years ago... but that thing was a tack driver. We used to split horizontal twine with them at 50 yards, lay out 22 rounds and bust them in the rear.
    it would have made an amazing small game getter.

  10. #10
    Member cdubbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KP, the dingleberry of Alaska
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldr45 View Post
    Ever used the marlin heavy bbl 22s? They’re not made in 22lr anymore, and like an idiot I sold mine years ago... but that thing was a tack driver. We used to split horizontal twine with them at 50 yards, lay out 22 rounds and bust them in the rear.
    it would have made an amazing small game getter.
    I have a Marlin 783 my grandpa bought me at a yard sale in North Pole in '88 that's just that way....it's been sitting at my mom's house in Idaho for the last decade, but think I will have her ship it to me...been seeing a lot more spruce hens on the southern KP lately!
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

  11. #11
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    I have four Marlin 60 .22 lr and love them! They are tack drivers and don't seem to be picky on the different type of ammo I shoot.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  12. #12
    Supporting Member Old John's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I have four Marlin 60 .22 lr and love them! They are tack drivers and don't seem to be picky on the different type of ammo I shoot.
    I have had a couple of those Marlin 60's and I always regretted selling or trading them away. Except the last one, I gave it to a Grandson.

  13. #13
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old John View Post
    I have had a couple of those Marlin 60's and I always regretted selling or trading them away. Except the last one, I gave it to a Grandson.
    My new Marlin 60 is the stainless steal with a green wood stock. Topped off with a Nikon Prostaff scope. The one pictured is not my gun, but it's the same model. As mentioned, mine has the green wood stock. LOVE this gun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •