Thread: Technically, I was float hunting....

Default Technically, I was float hunting....

Hunting being the key phrase, rather than shooting...
    Had great float trip with my wife and two good friends.
    Saw one cow....... Great weather, cold nights, frost, snow on the peaks. Where last year at the same time we were tripping over bulls, this year?
    Had the Levitator, a PR40 and an Alpacka Yak. We were ready for anything..... Like sitting by a fire with some beers
    Water was much lower than last year, and where we floated last year, we lined and dragged for about 4 Km.
    Still great to be out.
    P1050903.jpg
    P1050926.jpg
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Looks like a great camping trip at least.

Looks like a great time. How did you like your rafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Looks like a great time. How did you like your rafts?
    I can't say enough good things about the Levitator. It has surpassed all expectations. Alpackas? Well, their rep speaks for themselves, but not really a hunting raft, that's where the PR49 comes in. Borrowed this from a buddy, but if I was going buy one, I'd get the HD version. First time I used a PR, and I was amazed at how well it took a load.
    It was fun having all the different boats.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

I really like my PR49HD. My hunting/fishing friend and I have had ours for a couple years now.

Took them on a remote 45 mile fly-fishing float last summer, and they performed very comfortably in some long stretches of class III water as well as a few fast maneuvers past sweepers that were hiding around several bends. They also dragged well in the shallows, and mine showed good durability when I bumped a couple of sharp rocks. Last fall had most of a moose in mine...probably could have had the whole thing in it with the 850lb rated payload. We also have the inflatable floor inserts, which are nice. We removed the floors every evening to wash-out gravel that inevitably makes its way into the boat from getting in and out repeatedly.

The only down side to the PR49HD that I can see is that it is not self-bailing. Also, some may find it bit on the heavy side for a pack-raft (around 15 pounds). However, for us the weight has been just perfect for fly-in applications, and the payload is fantastic.

Nice pics. sounds like most of my float hunts...camping with guns.
    I just purchased a new Levitator (Seahawk green color) and look forward to using it this year. my other rafts have a frame and a footrest to push against, the levitator doesnt. any issues with that and not being able to really dig in the oars??

TIA,
    eric

I have an ActionPacker tucked in athwartships just in front of me, so if need be, I can put my feet against it to really get some leverage.
    haven't had the need to use it much.
    The oar saddles are plent stiff, especially if you really pump up the tubes. I glued some yoga mat foam on the side of the saddles that contact the tubes just to avoid any wear and tear.
    You'll like the Levitator. 303 Protectant keeps it like new. It's worth getting a big bag meant for rafts like the NRS ones.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Attachment 94920Attachment 94921My new 2017 Levitator in Seahawk green!