Thread: RV water pump

Default RV water pump

I think the water pump in my 36'Raptor Toy Hauler is kapot. I drained the water system and dumped 5 gallons of RV winterizing fluid into the fresh water tank and it wont pump it through the faucets. Just strikes me as odd that it happened when I was winterizing the system.

I can't hear it pumping like I used to. Any ideas guys?

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I think the water pump in my 36'Raptor Toy Hauler is kapot. I drained the water system and dumped 5 gallons of RV winterizing fluid into the fresh water tank and it wont pump it through the faucets. Just strikes me as odd that it happened when I was winterizing the system.

I can't hear it pumping like I used to. Any ideas guys?
    Could just be stuck,, mine is under the bathroom sink. Track it down and tap it,, could be electrical, or could be the impeller. Not hard to replace, changed mine before. I just drain and flush mine by using an adapter that screws into the freshwater inlet, it allows an air hose to connect like a tire valve stem,, then blow air until all water is out. Could also do the same to push your antifreeze through.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

It could be it needs to be primed. I know when mine sits for a while w/o use it requires me to get it started again by filling the pump by using a small hand pump and tube that I insert in half gallon water jug and injecting the bottled water into the pump. There is a valve switch attached in front of the RV pump that allows the pump to get water from either the water holding tank or the water jug depending on switch position. The valve switch was originally put in to more easily fill the RV water system piping with RV glycol directly thru the pump out of a jug rather than dumping glycol into the water hold tank.
    However, u said u can't hear your pump trying to work so this may not be what's wrong in your case.
    I no longer use glycol in my system. I have opted to blow down my water pipes with compressed air and opening faucets and valves when doing so.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

My experience with water pumps in RV's is you have a electrical problem. Start with checking the battery or fuses if they are ok check the voltage across the pump and let us know what you found.

Start by checking your fuse.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

I closed the valve going to the hot water heater and the pump works again. I don't think there was enough liquid in the fresh water tank as the hot water heater gobbled up some of the RV anti freeze.

I have by pass valves on my RV HW heater I drain the HW heater ( remove annode) by pass HW heater takes very little RV antifreeze to winterize system. Drain water storage tank and only have RV antifreeze in pipes and a little in drain P traps. Also much easier in the spring to get all the RV antifreeze out of the system.