Thread: Sheep Partner for DS204 Draw...

Default Sheep Partner for DS204 Draw...

Hello all, haven't been on the site for a while. I got a permit draw for Sheep in DS204 (Delta Controlled Use) last year. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hunt due to a deployment extension in Iraq. I had to cancel the charter flight in, etc. Luckily, the state is honoring my permit once again. How rare is this? Am I likely to be drawn again? I'm sure as hell not getting any younger (38 y/o) and should probably get it done before BOTH knees are shot. I'm kinda "on the fence" with this one. I don't need to spend any more money than necessary (like paying for a buddy to fly in w/ me - $1,200+, and play assistant guide). However, I'm concerned about my chances on a walk/quad in combo and don't want to pass up the hunt and opportunity of a lifetime.
    I've taken a goat (and bears) in the SE previously, and have been in the Infantry my entire life (uh, hooah), sooooo I can get up there and get it done (I think). Got to work on my conditioning a little (I've found a good interest in every brewery in the state!!!), but I'll come around quick if it looks like a hunt is shaping up. I've got good glass, rifle, and gear.
    If anybody has drawn this hunt and needs/wants a hunting partner, give me a holler and let's see if we can work something out. I'm coming out of Fort Wainwright.

sorry you missed your hunt, thanks for your service.

which dates do you have for this year? l will be coming up shortly and would be honored to buy you a beer.