Thread: Is there such a thing as an Aircraft Appraiser in Alaska?

Default Is there such a thing as an Aircraft Appraiser in Alaska?

A guy from out west is looking at buying my 172 and he says his bank wants it appraised... Is there even such a thing up here....???

You would not believe the weird request I have been receiving from potential buyers. Wow...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default Is there such a thing as an Aircraft Appraiser in Alaska?

Keenan Zerkel at AK Aircraft Sales is a credentialed aircraft appraiser. And he's a good dude.

https://akaircraftsales.com/appraisals/

I second gbfliers opinion. A local lender here in South Central had Mr. Zerkel do a pre buy on a PA 12 I had for sale. This sort of inspection by a lender is a long way from the old title search and done we all grew up with. The process was fair to both parties. Will aircraft pre buy inspections become like marine surveys of pleasurecraft? I don't know, but in boats there can be a great deal of difference between the quality of services. The next question is who pays? In boats the buyer often refers to a previous owners survey while commissioning and paying for a new survey themselves. In my sale the buyer, or the lender paid.

Alex, you getting a different plane?
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Quote Originally Posted by upstreamV View Post
    I second gbfliers opinion. A local lender here in South Central had Mr. Zerkel do a pre buy on a PA 12 I had for sale. This sort of inspection by a lender is a long way from the old title search and done we all grew up with. The process was fair to both parties. Will aircraft pre buy inspections become like marine surveys of pleasurecraft? I don't know, but in boats there can be a great deal of difference between the quality of services. The next question is who pays? In boats the buyer often refers to a previous owners survey while commissioning and paying for a new survey themselves. In my sale the buyer, or the lender paid.
    Aircraft are no different then boats. There is a lot of "mechanics" that don't read all of the lines as they are written. When I did my loan with alaska USA they required a title search and a appraisal. I was able to get one from the previous owners mechanic while they were performing a annual. Took a bit of conversation with the bank for them to allow that but in the end it worked.

Alex, you getting a different plane?
    Yeap,, I am going to change up my business slightly, so I need more useful legal load on floats..
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com