Thread: FMA moose

Default FMA moose

Anyone got a Moose in the Fairbanks Management Area yet?
    I've seen 3 cows so far and talked to one guy who was at full draw when a car spooked the moose (unintentionally).

I shot a cow the other day (DM788), lots of cows running around like normal. I saw one paddle bull near Dog Musher's Hall that just stood and watched us a couple days ago. He must have known I had a cow tag. Stick with it and you will connect!

My dad has the cow tag and might hunt it in nov. Come up from anchorage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to a guy in Goldstream who found 4 gut piles out there. Saw a cow with a calf. I know a guy who just has the bull harvest ticket and he has seen cows the first 5 days of season but hadn't seen a bull.

Anybody have any more luck with the cow tag? Going to give it a try this week finally got a break from work. Hopefully the snow should have them moving around a bit.

I got a Bull in September. If I were you I would drive Sheep Creek Road/Goldstream/ Blaine hill every morning and evening right at day break. I saw close to 100 Cows in September doing this (ok lots were cows and calfs).
    Good Luck!

Default 2 days left

So today I saw 2 older calves on some private property (Do Not Enter Private Property Signs) in some neighborhoods north of Goldstream Then right at 415 cow and calf jumped across the road in front of me, couldn't stop because of traffic and when I went back it was to dark and couldn't see hide nor hair.
    If you see an eligible animal in a yard do you guys just go up and knock on the door and ask permission in these neighborhoods? I have the cow tag.
    Also any last minute tips for a guy trying to get his first archery kill? LOL, thank guys.

I did it! She’s small but I filled it and brought it out alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Leryt View Post
    I did it! She’s small but I filled it and brought it out alone!
    Nice! nothing like a full freezer! where did you get her?

Quote Originally Posted by Leryt View Post
    So today I saw 2 older calves on some private property (Do Not Enter Private Property Signs) in some neighborhoods north of Goldstream Then right at 415 cow and calf jumped across the road in front of me, couldn't stop because of traffic and when I went back it was to dark and couldn't see hide nor hair.
    If you see an eligible animal in a yard do you guys just go up and knock on the door and ask permission in these neighborhoods? I have the cow tag.
    Also any last minute tips for a guy trying to get his first archery kill? LOL, thank guys.
    Yup, worst they usually do is say "no." Sometimes they will be overjoyed at the chance to get rid of a moose they deem troublesome. It's eating their garden, their bushes, scaring their kids, making the dog bark all night, etc etc. Then you have a chance at an easy pack and even a hot cup of coffee while you butcher out your moose.

Goldstream, near the end of daylight. I’m excited first animal with my bow AKDucks! It was pretty amazing to see the effectiveness of the Broadhead. willphish4food, that’s kind of what I thought. I called a couple property owners who had signs up, and obviously I am not just going to walk I to somebodies yard but just was interested to see if you guys tried to wait for it to go off property or not. I figured the same, what’s the harm?