Thread: thunder jet Alexis OS

Default thunder jet Alexis OS

Anyone have opinions on this boat? Kind of comparing wooldridge, Raider, and this boat. I know some wooly and raider owners but no TJ owners. Any opinions good/bad welcome. Construction,welds, quality, ride? Was looking at the 21-23 foot range. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory100 View Post
    Anyone have opinions on this boat? Kind of comparing wooldridge, Raider, and this boat. I know some wooly and raider owners but no TJ owners. Any opinions good/bad welcome. Construction,welds, quality, ride? Was looking at the 21-23 foot range. Thanks
    I have both a 21 Alexis os and a 2284 raider .... the ride is not in the same class between the 2 , tj doesn't have the deadrise like the raider to handle any kind of seas above 2 foot chop without getting pounded . Fit and finish is nicer on the tj ....

Tj is a rough ride in any kind of chop.
    Raider builds a nice boat.
    Wooly is the the boat I would choose. Fit and finish is excellent, ride is awesome, and customer service is the best.

Please elaborate on your purpose and water for your boat.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

My father has a TJ and as the others have said you get pounded on with almost any kind of chop in the ocean. I have a Ocean pro and it goes thru the same stuff much smoother. I think he has a 5.7 - 6.0 inboard jet and I have a 200hp Yamaha so I also use about 1/2-1/3 less fuel which is another plus for me.

I had a Hewescraft 220 OceanPro and my friend has a Raider 2284. Both boats are nearly the same and are great sea boats. The TJ Luxor OS is smaller than the TJ Alexis OS and more like the SeaRunner or Raider 2272. So make sure you are comparing apples to apples. In person and on paper the TJ Alexis OS is bigger than the OP and 2284 and has a deeper vee dead rise and vee at the bow, so it should be a better ride. I was thinking a TJ Alexis OS or TJ Landingcraft would be my next boat, or maybe the new 240 OceanPro or Alaskan 240/260 RLC or Weldcraft 220/240/260 OceanKing or Raider 2496.

Sobie2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yukonzoo View Post
    I have both a 21 Alexis os and a 2284 raider .... the ride is not in the same class between the 2 , tj doesn't have the deadrise like the raider to handle any kind of seas above 2 foot chop without getting pounded . Fit and finish is nicer on the tj ....

My apologies , mine is 21 Luxor not Alexis ...I will add that lots of tj's are coming back to our local dealer with cracks in the welds between the stern and ex transom pod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk