Thread: BeaV the Ak paddlers new challange

March thru October, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. I'm laid off and winter in Northern MN.

Default BeaV the Ak paddlers new challange

Many of you remember BeaV, the guy who paddled 5,000 miles from Washington down the Yukon and around the Bering sea, into Anchorage.

You can watch his progress from this website.
    BeaV organized a paddling challange in Northern Mn. He is halfway done on this 250 miler from International Falls to Lake Superior, following the French Voyageurs fur trading route. BeaV is solo, and paddled 64 miles the first day.
    One poster stated he has Transmission fluid for blood.

This route comes with the historic Grand Portage, 7 miles, a little leg stretch for BeaV.
    Cheer him on, he still follows this website but rarely posts, I'll tell him I entered it in a thread to make sure he does.

Follow his and others progress from this website. Hope it links.

http://bwca.com/index.cfm?fuseaction...ID=12&confID=1
    May the rivers be crooked and winding, and the portages lonesome, leading to the most "Amazing View".

Thanks for info. Think I counting him doing 45 or so strokes a minuet at time up here.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

March thru October, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. I'm laid off and winter in Northern MN.

Yes, he has a very quick stroke.
    He taught me a few things on paddling. Keep your strokes short and deep always using the meat of the paddle while it's in the water, while pivoting your shoulders/upper torso. It increased my time around 25 percent.

PS, BeaV finished the 250 + mile challange today at 04:00 CST. He did it in 91 hours. This was nearly all flat water, including the 8.5 mile "Grand Portage"
    I heard that one day he paddled for 22 hours straight.
    Quite an accomplishment to say the least.
    I may try the half challenge next year, I'm retiring from firefighting soon and will be leaving Alaska, returning to Duluth, Mn in October.
    May the rivers be crooked and winding, and the portages lonesome, leading to the most "Amazing View".

I met him in Wrangell when he hit here on his epic journey and met again on his way out on the ferry, heck of a man
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you