Thread: It's Been Pretty Quiet On Here

Default It's Been Pretty Quiet On Here

Just a few pics from this year. No story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    Just a few pics from this year. No story.
    Nice. Not even gonna give us a hint huh? How about which caribou herd it was taken from? Nelchina, Porcupine, Western Arctic, Central Arctic, Fortymile?

Nice! Looks like a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Nice. Not even gonna give us a hint huh? How about which caribou herd it was taken from? Nelchina, Porcupine, Western Arctic, Central Arctic, Fortymile?
    Nope. That would make it too easy.

Heading out for 10 days on the 8th. Taking the Levitator and a PR49. Getting pretty stoked I tell ya.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Heading out for 10 days on the 8th. Taking the Levitator and a PR49. Getting pretty stoked I tell ya.

hehehehehehehe, me too! With a hard shell canoe,and a PR-49.... putting gear together! One nice thing about being my age is, all the gear from last year's hunt is still i the two action packers ... from last year... game bags washed and replaced.... everything down to tent candles... and a small spatula...lol Less thinking, less forgetting... now if I only had a solid pair of chest waders that actually held the bottom... was going to buy simms, but they changed everything, and are not available till October... and never available in 13... not stout...grrrr... change the law!!! Felt works... and most of us never leave the state...lol At my age I need traction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anchorrivercrowds View Post
    hehehehehehehe, me too! With a hard shell canoe,and a PR-49....
    Read your other post. Ambitious indeed! 50 miles of dragging. Sheesh. Burly. Sounds fantastic! What hard shell are you going to use? The Old Town Discovery's, while horrible boats, were great for that sort of thing, as the PolyEthylene the were made of slid over the rocks much better than ABS.
    We flew out Saturday to check water levels and leave a load of gear at our put in. Water is lower than last year, so we'll only have a measly 1-2 miles of rock dodging and dragging. Feel kind of wimpy.......
    Anyone else getting ready?
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Read your other post. Ambitious indeed! 50 miles of dragging. Sheesh. Burly. Sounds fantastic! What hard shell are you going to use? The Old Town Discovery's, while horrible boats, were great for that sort of thing, as the PolyEthylene the were made of slid over the rocks much better than ABS.
    We flew out Saturday to check water levels and leave a load of gear at our put in. Water is lower than last year, so we'll only have a measly 1-2 miles of rock dodging and dragging. Feel kind of wimpy.......
    Anyone else getting ready?

yea, killed one opening day last year, so water was very good! It's when you stay till the end, or dry years that are ridiculous. I bought a wenona canoe at a second hand store cheap... learned later it was a spendy canoe... I just kevlared the bow and stern, and a few deep gouges. Amazing canoe...can't believe the abuse it's taken, and how well it performs...

good luck!!