Thread: Bird Creek Report??

Default Bird Creek Report??

Anyone hit Bird this last weekend? Just looking for a report. Silvers should be rolling in with High Tide any day...

I saw a brown bear there at 1am Monday.

We were there 3am Sunday morning and no silvers. I drove by Sunday evening and saw a few pinks being caught ...not the large numbers like last year. Cant wait for the silvers when they do arrive.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default Very Slow

Spent 6 hours at Bird Creek Saturday- High to Low tide. A few pinks, 3 or 4 red kings, and very very few silvers (only saw 1 small one caught by noon). All were caught at low tide via the 'Kenia floss' method.

At high tide there were 2 seals chasing fish around almost up to the power lines. Also saw a grizzly on the east side and a small black bear on the west side. Not much but it beats workin'.

Default Sounds slow

Thanks for the reports...It still looks slow this week. Maybe they will start the run this weekend.

Default Bird Creek Report

I went to Bird Creek this last weekend. Waved to the railroad profusely and posed.
    I had no luck with silvers salmon.

But my friends dad had a dandy of a time with all the pink salmon! I saw a few old timers who fished the incoming tides and realized no silvers...so they left.

A lot of people who were fishing were either first timers or tourist. Its just funny hearing the kids scream out "We caught some silvers!" and they hold up a pink with a nice little hump.

Maybe they will start to show up in numbers this coming weekend.

Thomas

Default Silvers in Bird Creek

I don't know what time of gear you were using, but myself and 2 buddies fished Bird creek and the silvers are starting to come in. Granted that for ever silver we caught this weekend ( 2 each) we caught 5-6 humpies. So for all that are wondering if the silvers are in, its slow, but if you take your time you can land one.