Thread: Holding Tank Pumping

Default Holding Tank Pumping

I was out in my boat this last weekend and it turns out that a couple of my family members used the head on the boat. Not realizing this, I pulled the boat and took it home before pumping the tank at the marina. I may not get the boat back in the water this year, so I am wondering if anyone knows of a location I can pump the head at with the boat on the trailer near anchorage? Any help is appreciated.

I did this once, and that's all it takes to learn the lesson to check before pulling the boat for the season. I pumped it into a 5 gallon bucket then dumped it into my sewer cleanout. It took a couple of trips and hosed everything down good afterwards. Messy job and don't want to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    I did this once, and that's all it takes to learn the lesson to check before pulling the boat for the season. I pumped it into a 5 gallon bucket then dumped it into my sewer cleanout. It took a couple of trips and hosed everything down good afterwards. Messy job and don't want to do it again!
    Not what I wanted to hear.....

Why don't you have a septic tank pumping service pump it out?

Go to an RV dump place - must be one in town somewhere.

The Holiday at Muldoon and the Glenn Highway (next to McD's) still has an RV dump in back (I used with my motorhome on Sunday). Not the easiest place to maneuver a boat on a trailer, though. I think the Holiday at New Seward and Abbott also has an RV dump and might have a little more room to get around.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Go to an RV dump place - must be one in town somewhere.
    need to figure out a way to connect a hose to the overboard for the head, or pump into a bucket and dump it down the hole.

PM'ed you with one idea, but another would be just to put some chemicals in it and leave it. It is not like the tank is shiny and clean inside just because you pump it out. I have pumped mine, filled it with fresh water and pumped it again several times, and I always get more out of it, so it is never that clean.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

If you have not got this figured out yet. I have a manual diaphragm pump made just for that purpose. If you want to pump it out the top. I live in South Anchorage. When I used it I would pump the tank into an external RV holding tank and empty at a cleanout or RV dump.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Just use it as an excelent excuse to get out on the boat once more.
    I have had the same thing happen I just added some chemical to it and a couple gallons of RV antifreeze to it to keep it from freezing but you will still need to pump a small amount out so that the antifreze gets into the pump and dosnt freeze. If you are on a septic system pump it into a bucket and pour it down your septic cleanout pipe or run a hose from the boat to the pipe if you can get close enough.