Thread: moose in Gmu 6A ?

Default moose in Gmu 6A ?

HI Iam from MINNESOTA and am try to plan a moose hunt in 6a. I was hoping some one would have some river ideals. Also if anyone is familar with mid timber lake. Would that be a good area to hunt, what is the terrain and weather like?

Mark

The weather can and will dictate if and when you get in and out, especially in Oct.

The moose population there isn't that high. There are only a few hundred moose in all of the subunit, but few hunt there.

Utilizing an inflatable with outboard on Bering Lake might be the best way to go. I've looked at this hunt for a while, but haven't done it due to cost and scheduling.

Default moose

Well if not 6A then. where would be a good start to look at, considering I have never even been to alaska but have always dreamed of coming and hunting moose.

Mark

The highest moose densities are:

* The southern portion of GMU 20A
    * The Minto Flats
    * The middle Koyukuk drainage
    * The western portion of GMU 23

Default best 6A is drawing for non res.

The best part of 6A to hunt is a drawing hunt for non residents. Cape Suckling to Palm point. Awesome hunting if you know the right people. Best way to access is with an airboat. If you drew that area PM me and let me know. I can help you out.
    Mike C.