Thread: Kenai Peninsula Boat Mechanic

Default Kenai Peninsula Boat Mechanic

I put a new Vortec 350 engine in my Powerboat 2 years ago and it ran fantastic until now. It surges at the top end and intermittently acts like I have throttled back even though I have not. A few minutes later it will climb right back (RPM)up mysteriously. Anyone know a really good engine mechanic that might be able to troubleshoot this problem? Preferably on the Kenai Peninsula.

Geoffrey Park A-1 Mobile mechanic.
    333-3456
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I had a problem like this and the fuel lines were clogged (filters were new and clean). Just an idea of something you can check yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskanharvest View Post
    I put a new Vortec 350 engine in my Powerboat 2 years ago and it ran fantastic until now. It surges at the top end and intermittently acts like I have throttled back even though I have not. A few minutes later it will climb right back (RPM)up mysteriously. Anyone know a really good engine mechanic that might be able to troubleshoot this problem? Preferably on the Kenai Peninsula.

A loose fuel line or a leaking fuel filter gasket could also cause the fuel pump to suck air. There are several good marine shop in Kenai and Homer you should not have a problem finding one to help you.

All most forgot water in the fuel.

Carb or efi? Have you noticed your consumption going way up? I have had the same problem with my 383 twice. The first time it was the metering rods in the carb. The second time really had me scratching my head because it started and idled fine and sounded fine except for the surging and it ended up being a bad plug. Check to make sure you don't have a bad plug or a plug wire that has burned through and arcing off something.
    Also pull your separator and dump it into something and see if it's full of water.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information guys.