Thread: DM788 - Fairbanks Area

Default DM788 - Fairbanks Area

I drew a tag for the Fairbanks management area, DM788. Has anyone hunted this section before? If so, I would appreciate any and all tips (PM would be great) on hunting around the Fairbanks management area. I haven't even been to Fairbanks before. I know, I should have researched before I put in for it, but in my defense, I put in for it with some friends and we were going to do a party hunt. I was out of state when a friend put in for the area and instead of putting in for the party, he put in for all of us individually. Yes, you guessed it, I was the one who drew the tag, and no party to speak of. So any help I could get would really be appreciated.

Default Tonight

I will PM you tonight. Supposed to be working. Hummm......

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

hey let me know when you are coming up I do quite a bit of bird hunting around and can give you a few pointers fshgde@yahoo.com
    I work up north 2 on 2 off I will be around first 2 weeks of sept and should have a idea of a local moose or two my setter is a moose finding dog I think she covers so much ground or is just 2 noisy we see lots oof moose. good luck Brian

Default hey

i drew the same tag, its a real easy hunt. i live in north pole, drop me a PM and i will tell you some good areas.

My husband is a guide and is familiar with the area and I know that he would love to answer any questions that you might have.
    I know that I am offering his services, but that's what wives are for. Besides... I know that he would love to help.
    Go ahead and send me a PM with your telephone number or email address and I'll have him contact you.
    (It will be good for him to get away from our projects)
    Lurker.

Default Cow Tag? Bowhunting?

Fairbanks Management Area is bowhunting only and you will have to have your bowhunting certificate.
    My husband said that those that he knows have had fairly good success. The cows that were missed, was because of choice.
    Fairbanks Management Area covers from Flood Control Project and then follows the north bank of the Tanana River and then goes all the way to Ester and then north towards Fox...
    If you want to know the exact boundaries, you could find it in the current hunting regulations which are located every Sportsmans Warehouse or your could look online.
    Like I said, though... leave your number or email if you are interested in having a conversation with him on this...
    Lurker.

Thanks COtoAK, I dropped you a PM. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Also to the others that dropped me PMs on this, thanks a ton.