Thread: We need more Examiners.....!!!

Default We need more Examiners.....!!!

Man we sure could use a couple new DPE's...

Once again I am loosing business because I cannot schedule a check-ride. The numbers of DPE's in Alaska certainly seems to have decreased, and now the work load on the remaining DPEs is rather excessive. We have a huge pilot population, we are the size of mainland Europe and we only have12 DPE's listed for the entire state. And a couple of those are seasonal or only do their own clients.
    Can you imagine only 12 listed DPEs for all of Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Italy , England , Ireland, Holland, Belgium and Denmark.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Alex have you ever looked into becoming a DPE? It's so much BS and hoops to jump thru from the Failed Aviation Amateurs it's just not worth it. You have to go to Oak City to school and the paperwork is over the top then the local FAA folks tell you everything you need to do and say on a checkride almost verbatim. Unless one was to do it full time I don't believe they would let you become a dpe.
    This goes hand in hand with the big schools and universities that are trying to push independent instructors out of instructing. They are pushing to have CFI's do a lot more training than the evey two year renewal and elimination of instructors that just renew the certificates and do little or no training. Academia doesn't like independent instructors not under there direct supervision. I just renewed my CFI on line thru Gleim and this about CFI's was in there, I didn't make it up if anyone wants to rant on it contact the FAA not me.

1. Yes.
    2. Been there. You go and they just put you on a list until you expire.
    3. Also had another local retired airline guy, CFI, and Rotor CFI try it. He grew tired of messing with it.

There were over 1,600 DPEs across the USA back in the late 1980s. By 2014 there were only 900 for the whole USA.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Alan Carpentor at Alaska Flying Adventures 907-202-6402 is an Examiner.

http://www.alaskaflyingadventures.com/home.html