Thread: Denali Highway and Thanks to a Forum Member

Default Denali Highway and Thanks to a Forum Member

Just a quick pic of a Hoss lake trout caught on a denali highway lake we had to ourselves for a good part of the weekend. Wanted to post the pic and say a quick thanks to forum member Rick_P who told us about the lake. Its people like him and other forum members who have continually helped both with fishing spots and advice, that have made my time in Alaska so very memorable. So thank you to Rick and all of you others who have made the summers i've spent up here so awesome.

Armo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that is a beautiful lake trout! If I ever catch something like that, I will be a very, very happy man. Congratulations!

That's not a lake trout, that's a LAKE TROUT!!

Nicely done.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Until today, I thought I had been catching lakers. I now realize they were only overgrown minnows. Congratulations on the hogg.

Shore fishing? Holy cow!

I've been telling my wife I need a kitchen pass to go explore for fish on the Denali Hwy. That has always been one of my fondest dreams. Now I may have to gather up my fly rod and spinning rod and go, kitchen pass or not.

Now that a a great denali highway laker. I caught a 27 incher there 3 years ago but nowhere near the girth of your hog. Im gonna take a guess here. Round tangle lakes???????? You dont have to share if you dont want to. I love that highway and even got married on the tangle river
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks for the responses guys. Since this spot was given to me by someone else I will have to talk to them before I give out a hint or two. He made me work to find out where it was, quite the guessing game but very fun and very worth it. The fish was actually not caught from shore. We were slow trolling vibrax in a canoe on a drop-off when the big guy hit. Once he pulled our canoe all over the lake we realized he wouldn't fit in our net and in order to get a safe/healthy release we would need to land him on shore. So for all those who do find out what lake it is that guy is still in there!

Awsome trout and great to hear that you had a lake to your self. Man peace and quiet.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_Ak View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. Since this spot was given to me by someone else I will have to talk to them before I give out a hint or two. He made me work to find out where it was, quite the guessing game but very fun and very worth it. The fish was actually not caught from shore. We were slow trolling vibrax in a canoe on a drop-off when the big guy hit. Once he pulled our canoe all over the lake we realized he wouldn't fit in our net and in order to get a safe/healthy release we would need to land him on shore. So for all those who do find out what lake it is that guy is still in there!
    Doesn't the title of your jpeg file kind of give it away?