Thread: Resurrection Creek Pinks at Hope

Default Resurrection Creek Pinks at Hope

Went to Hope Saturday morning about an hour before high tide. The pinks were plentiful. I had never fished for them before and was expecting an aggressive bite. It seemed a lot like sockeye fishing in the Russian though... We were using pixies and vibrax... (pink, orange, yellow, blue)... We caught our limits pretty easily, but it just didn't seem like they were very interested in what we had to offer. Had to have good aim...

Default Pinks

Yea,

I was there Thursday and the fish were reluctant to bite no matter what we offered them. It was fun, nevertheless, and we did get our limits. They were chrome bright and the males we caught didn't even have much or any indication of a hump yet. Upstream from the bridge about 400 yards we were surprised by a small black bear that wandered out of the brush. It didn't stick around very long after it saw us.

I bet Saturday was pretty wet.

Saturday was pretty wet... Left Anchorage at about 5:00. Stood under the bridge a lot though, so it wasn't too bad.

Default Hope pinks

Were you able to get the pinks to take a lure or did you have to fish for them like you do reds?
    Thanks

Default Hook-ups

CharlieM,

They were smacking our spinners very hard. We didn't even accidently snag any like sometimes happens when the creek is stacked full. Can't say what worked the best because we switched spinners and colors all day such as rooster tails, #3,#4,#5 vibrax in pink, red, green, green#red with silver and painted blades and pixies in green, red, pink. Pink or green yarn worked, also. I found the heavier lures worked better because they ran deeper.

After a while, I put a couple split shots on to get the lure farther down in depth. It worked a little...

Does tide really matter at Resurrection Creek? I got there an hour before high tide on Saturday (around 0700) and left at around noon. The amount of fish in the creek didn't seem to change in this time... there may actually have been more a couple hours after high tide.

Smile Tides

I think the fish move more while the tide is rising, and sort of hold position below the faster riffles in the slower water during slack water and the falling tide. The quality of the "bite" doesn't appear to change whatsoever.

Resurection is sure a blast to fish. Hopefully, it will never get too crowded and people will keep driving right past the cutoff on their way to the Russian.

Caught 42 today... fun times... saw 2 red kings