Thread: Take down recurve recommendations

Default Take down recurve recommendations

Any suggestions for a take down? I'm looking for one easy to store. I'm not going to hunt with it I just really enjoy shooting hay bales. I don't want to spend a ton, just a little fun in the off season. Thanks

Supporting Member

Samick sages are a good value takedown. I like my bear custom kodiak but they are a little pricey.

I own a Great Plains, Rio Bravo take down recurve and I couldn't be happier with it.

Are you left handed? If so, I have one with four sets of limbs that I would make you a really good deal on. It's a Bighorn recurve.

No I'm right handed. Thanks for the recommendations I will check them out.

Bear 76er standard or heavy if you want to hunt someday.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have a Samick Sage and second Troy's suggestion on it. It shoots really well and looks like a far better bow than the sticker would make you think. It's fascinating that they haven't went up in price at all, really, since I bought mine five years ago, which hasn't mirrored what's been true for archery gear as a whole. My advice would be a Sage, and purchased from 3 Rivers Archery. They have really, really fast shipping and great service. I bought mine because I wanted to try a take-down without dropping a ton, to see if I would like it. I'm happy enough that I haven't felt the need to look for anything else.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Bear 76er standard or heavy if you want to hunt someday.
    I've got a 76er I got off ebay, great takedowns wish they still made them. The minutemen too.