Thread: Deshka Update

Default Deshka Update

I fished the Deshka Friday and got skunked, didn't see a single fish roll and didn't see anything in the water. I had hoped to catch an early silver since I caught two on July 1st. I caught one on July 1st last year. I guess a guy needs a break between runs anyway.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

I was told that a few silvers were showing at the weir.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

akbasskning 39 silvers as of today went past the weir. Im thinking of going out Wed see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    akbasskning 39 silvers as of today went past the weir. Im thinking of going out Wed see how it is.
    Keep us updated! I have never really fished much silvers from rivers. Always got mine from Seward or Valeaz (sp)

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Deshka

I fished Friday also. I did see a few fish rolling down at the mouth, talked to an older gentleman that was fishing down there and they didn't have any luck and was out there most of the day. I pushed up to the beaver hole and tried up there, the only thing I saw was a few kings that were pretty red. No hook ups at all. Stayed till about midnight, was trying to kill time so I wasn't sitting at home look at my computer waiting for the drawing permits to come out.

Hey gconk, Was the older gentleman in a red Thunder Jet? I think there was a group of four in that boat and they had nothing. I also talked to a guy in a really long silver boat with an orange front end. Same story from him. I was also at the beaver hole and it was dead. Oh well, I'm confident the silvers are on their way. I may take a run out there on Sunday.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

I will be on the Deshka from Thursday until Monday last days of my vecation will post when I get back went to Fish Creek on the duck boat did well on pike today chirs.

Doug,

I talked to the guy with the silver boat with the orange front end. I think I saw the Thunder Jet at the launch. Had a couple of boats blow by like they were headed up to the weir. Not sure if I'm going to the Little Su or Deshka on Friday.

Good luck, I'm going to bag it this weekend and work on getting some reloading done. I'll probably be at the Deshka next Friday.