Thread: Rawson 25' Bowpicker

Default Rawson 25' Bowpicker

Any recommendations for companies in Alaska that can provide me with a cost estimate to replace broken out windows for my two 25' Rawson bowpickers?
    Attached Images Attached Images

use marlon plastic instead of glass, its just about bulletproof. Call CAS Plastics in Wasilla they should be able to cut you exact fit pieces if you send them accurate patterns or just send them the frames. Use butyl tape instead of caulk when re reinstall them.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Nice project boats! Those have good lines. I really like the cabins. What are you doing for power? Outboards? Inboard jets? Stern drives?

I am no help on the window situation though. Good luck!

Sobie2

All those that i saw had outboards. Looks like another post that we never hear from after question is asked.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Sorry guys for the delayed response. I have been very busy with subsistence fishing, cutting and smoking salmon.
    When the boat first came out the 25' had a 115 evinrude extra long shaft since the boat has a 25" transom. I bought
    a 140 Suzuki fourstroke for the boat which I will mount once I get windows for it. I will check out the company you
    mentioned. I don't have the windows frames for the white boat.
    Late Ron Rawson designed these boats with input from the Togiak Bay fishermen back in the late 1980s. 25' boat was
    mostly used by set-netters. 29' used by the driftnetters. Boat does have nice lines.

if you don't have frames for the windows where the original windows mounted in rubber gaskets ?? if so you could just cut the plastic a bit oversized, use butyl tape for a gasket and the bolt/screw the windows to the cabin, looks nice if done correctly.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    if you don't have frames for the windows where the original windows mounted in rubber gaskets ?? if so you could just cut the plastic a bit oversized, use butyl tape for a gasket and the bolt/screw the windows to the cabin, looks nice if done correctly.
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Original windows had aluminum frames like on the second boat. Bet rubber gasket type frames would work. The aluminum frames were secured with some sort of marine adhesive and screws.