Thread: Eagle river

Default Eagle river

Hey folks, just seeing if anyone here has gone down the river from mile 7 to the bridge? I gather it is a fairly simple float, but I have never done it and checking in to see if there is anything to worry about. Thanks for any input. Happy 4th to all of you, hope you're enjoying it.

There is nothing to worry about - a few sweepers, but the current is slow. Plan for a 3.5+ hour float. Its so relaxing, it almost gets boring. Ha! They close the gate at Beggs Bridge at 10pm, but usually they're nice and leave a note asking you to close the gate behind you.

There is a near river-wide log jam near the beginning. It can be portaged on the right or slip through the raft-wide slot on far left.

Thanks for the heads up on the log jamb. Pretty confident I could row through there 99 out of 100 times, but it only takes the one. Is putting in at the north fork parking area doable with a 13' raft? Kind of hesitant to take the family with that log jamb, so an alternative put in would be nice.

Chester - I assume you're referring to the logjam by Campground rapids? I usually pull out and Beggs Bridge, and there are no logjams between the put in at the North Fork (about 7-8 of ER road) and the bridge as of 10 days ago.

Alaskasd, I put in at mile 9, and as stated there is a river wide logjam about 200 yards after the put in.

We had a beautiful packraft float of ER last evening - a little breezy, but it kept the bugs off! We put in at the North Fork parking lot, which I think is about mile 8 of ER road. A couple trees/logs/sweepers have moved since the last float. At approx mile 15.4 (about 1 mile upstream from the power lines, which are 14.4) there was one log/tree jammed all the way across the river. Our packrafts floated right over it easy toward the left side, but a larger raft might get hung up briefly.

We went all the way to the campground take out before the log jam/bad rapids and got a little wet at the end. It was fun! It was my first time base Beggs Bridge.