Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nosey neighbors get gun vault raided...

Default Nosey neighbors get gun vault raided...

http://www.kplctv.com/global/video/p...AdTag=homepage

Nosey neighbors get this poor guy's gun vault raided. Nothing looks illegal, it was just a good chance to flex some anti-gun muscle....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Proof that ignorance is alive and well.

Wonder how people make it through life with half a brain.

I hope the gun owner has grounds for a good multimillion dollar lawsuit.

jedi

Default Wow

That level of stupidity makes my blood boil every time I hear a media report like that.

I'm confused, is it illegal to have 60 guns in LA? The wording of the news report made the owner sound like a mass murderer waiting to happen. How could the police get a warrant for that? I hope this guy sues their pants off!

If I had neighbors that did that to me they would be more concerned about the extremely large turds that they kept finding every am on there well manicured lawns.

What an agonizing example of fourth amendment violations. So we can get a probable cause warrant based on an idiot neighbor who knows less than nothing about guns and thinks some of them might be "automatic weapons".

On what grounds, could such a search take place? Was it just the number of guns? Just ignorant neighbors who were "concerned"! Ok I can see the concern from the neighbors, the cops come and ask a few questions and look over the collection, but the guns get hauled down to the police station and dinged up "to check and see if everything is legal", That is a bust! What idiot judge would ever grant a probable cause warrant for such a search?!!

Officer BOZO was quick to discribe them as fifty five or sixty "weapons", I wonder if he knows the legal discription of "weapon".

A "weapon" must be in the hands or readily available to an individual with criminal intent, who harbors malice afore thought, and could include such things as ball bats, tire irons, chainsaw, rope or rocks. Without the criminal intent, none can be considered, a weapon, not even a belt fed full-auto machine gun.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I have relatives in the San Francisco area, when ever firearms are discussed they automatically think guilty until proven innocent they cannot comprehend anyone owning a firearm much less 60 or more Eb my uncle would like to have an M1 garand because he carried one in Korea but has convinced himself that it is Illegal to own, wich may be true in Ca I am not sure.
    I have dealt with sevaral gun nuts like ourselves that lived in Ca and they are very dedicated to their passion but they have a hard row to hoe to be an avid sportsman in that state.
    Most are evan unaware that Ca has hunting seasons they think that everything is protected.

Arrow Louisiana the sportsmans paradise

At least thats what it says on the license plate of every vehicle down here. I suspect by the time that gent gets through in court he will have enough money to buy another 60 to go with the ones he already has and there may be some members of the law enforcement community looking for new jobs and maybe a judge too.Looks like these people didn't learn anything from the New Orleans officials who thought they could just take up law abiding citizens guns without any negative results they are still paying off lawsuits down there and I'm sure the NRA lawyers are licking their chops and rightfully so too.I didn't see all 60 guns in the video but everything I did see looked legal ..Good shooting Ronnie

Angry

I probably know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway: What does it take to educate people on guns, gun owners, and the like. Why is that if you own several guns you must be up to no good? I know the NRA is doing everything they can but what can we do to envoke some good common sense in these people? Whoever said it makes your blood boil doesn't even come close to how I feel when I see crap like this. I do like the idea of a mulit-million $ lawsuit!!
    EricL

FWIW I was in AZ. hunting- meant some other guys there, after a few beers and they realized I was there hunting-- Also.

They admitted how they were ashamed of the majority of people in CA.
    And they were worried about even talking about hunting to people they did not know.
    ALARMING!!!!!

After watching the video in the first post "some of them had really long barrels" LMOA
    The cops were really interested in that side by side (probelly trying to fgure out how to steal it)
    The judge who issue the search warrant should be disbarred --what a joke.
    The legal system committed a crime and someone should pay..

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    7Officer BOZO was quick to discribe them as fifty five or sixty "weapons", I wonder if he knows the legal discription of "weapon".

A "weapon" must be in the hands or readily available to an individual with criminal intent, who harbors malice afore thought, and could include such things as ball bats, tire irons, chainsaw, rope or rocks. Without the criminal intent, none can be considered, a weapon, not even a belt fed full-auto machine gun.
    Murph,
    I agree with you, but how many times on this very forum (including the hunting forum) and many other forums on the web, have you seen members refer to their own firearms as "weapons". IE, what is my weapon worth, what do you think of my new weapon? I see a post where a member refers their their rifle, handgun or shotgun every week as a weapon here on this very forum. Also see on the Campfire forum that I know we both frequent as well. Hard to blame the press or anti's when we (as a group) are sending out that same information ourselves.

Sickening! Absolutely sickening!

Quote Originally Posted by DPhillips View Post
    Murph,
    I agree with you, but how many times on this very forum (including the hunting forum) and many other forums on the web, have you seen members refer to their own firearms as "weapons". IE, what is my weapon worth, what do you think of my new weapon? I see a post where a member refers their their rifle, handgun or shotgun every week as a weapon here on this very forum. Also see on the Campfire forum that I know we both frequent as well. Hard to blame the press or anti's when we (as a group) are sending out that same information ourselves.
    D,

You're right. I see/hear it all the time. In the military we expect it but in the sporting world it is an irritation to me. I once knew a bone head who taught Hunter Ed. with me and he always referred to "his weapon" or "your weapon" and this to a class of 11 year olds with their mothers. I think that is stupid and I told him so. It is a rifle, it is a gun, if it is pointed at you with, ok, it's a weapon, otherwise find another name. But you're right, we do this to ourself. A little more macho sounding to some. But it will come back to bite us. Loose lips sink ships.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I agree, it sends the wrong message. I started a thread about this very topic a few years ago on another forum and barely made it out alive! I see there are threads about this very topic going at 24 Hour Campfire and Accurate Reloading right now, with pretty much the same result. Maybe someone with your reasoning and writing ability could weigh in and explain some of the issues. A lot of the people really enjoy using the term "weapon".

Until we, as group, quit using the term when referring to sporting arms, I cannot blame the media or anti's when I hear them use it. I know the reason they are using it, and it isn't good, nor is it being used casually. It is a very calculated use for maximum impact on the listener or reader and meant to turn them against gun ownership as we know to exist today. However, until we quit doing, we cannot cry foul when they do.

Default Kalifornia

Gentlemen, you are thinking rationally, which is wrong when considering anything that is done in Kalifornia. I lived there many years, even worked for a time at the L.A. bus lines as mechanic. I had my own gun and reloading business there in the seventies. It was almost okay then. But now, they're blinking nuts! The term LaLa land is very apt. So, best to try to convince a Tiger or Croc that meat is bad for them then to convince a died in the wool Kalifornia thinker that guns are good for you. We must press on regardless, of course.

OMG, I'm from Lake Charles... My brother-in-law (Ben) works for the Lake Charles PD. I just tried to call him to find out what's up with this case. Ben has about that many rifles and handguns in his house..... You think he's next? I'll warn him to start digging a hole to bury the ones with long barrels.

- Clint

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    So we can get a probable cause warrant based on an idiot neighbor who knows less than nothing about guns and thinks some of them might be "automatic weapons".
    and that was based on "magazine" size...
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    and that was based on "magazine" size...
    No that was based on them not being "hunting" guns.....

Everybody knows you shouldn't own guns that aren't for hunting.... silly rabbit!

- Clint

listen to what she said in the first few seconds of the clip (right after the barrel comment)...

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacajun View Post
    No that was based on them not being "hunting" guns.....

Everybody knows you shouldn't own guns that aren't for hunting.... silly rabbit!

- Clint
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast