Thread: High bankers anyone??

Default High bankers anyone??

I have been bitten by the bug.. I was looking into the goldhog mini high bankers but of course, shipping is a bit expensive as is anything in AK. I built my own based on Docs design. Long story short, I want to get them cut on a water jet and the more I build the cheaper each unit becomes. I am tossing it out there to see if anyone in interested in buying one? I will try to get some pics of it up and running, it works very well and will take a 5 gallon bucket in about 10-15 seconds and shovels about as fast as you can dump it in. Great for poking around and moving some dirt quickly. Easy to use as a dredge / high banker too if you desire. Have one guy on the hose one guy shoveling and move LOTS of dirt really quick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like a neat idea! Get some pics up when you get some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Keene highbanker.
    It is a tried and tested well working machine.
    If you bring one to one of my gold prospectors meetings we would be happy to look at it.
    If It's just a standard highbanker you would have to compete quality, gold recovery, and pricewise with Keene, Proline, etc.
    I'm guessing unless the price is significantly cheaper it wouldn't sell well.
    I know the name brands recover gold well.
    Yours would have to prove itself first.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Do you have some dimensions for this unit?
    Price range?
    Weight of the whole unit?
    What size pump comes with it?
    Gas or electric?
    How much water flow does it need and what is the gpm of the pump?
    What style fittings does it come with?
    Npt, Fht, Camloc, Ght, or ???
    Hoses included? What kind?
    Are those gold hog mats in there?
    Which particular mats do you have in it? Gold hog makes several different ones.
    Can you dredge into this thing?
    Are the legs adjustable for different terrain?
    Gold recovery % of sub 100 mesh?
    Lots of questions need answering before I could even consider thinking of such a purchase.
    Also be sure you do a patent search before committing.
    Doc likely has a few patents on his stuff.

This one is an 8"X36" you can use an 1 1/2" pump with it, 80 GPM works well. Yes all legs are adjustable. Recovery depends on you and how you tune it. If you know how to tune your mats its easy to hit 98% + recovery. As with anything else, you have to know how to use the equipment. The mats are another thing that YOU pick to catch the type of gold in the area your working. Big chunky stuff and you can go with more aggressive mats, flower gold or really flat stuff you want to go with less aggressive mats. You can run the gold hog mats in any unit that you have. Yes you can dredge as well. I had the 2" dredge hooked up with the small keene pump. All up weight is right at 30 pounds with the mats. No hoses come with it. Most guys mining / prospecting have a pile of stuff laying around. If you want a complete ready to run package the price goes up. It depends on what you want to do with it. No need to sell you a high pressure dredge pump if you just want to high bank with it.

I was just going to have the new 10" water jet cut and the price per unit goes down with each additional one I do at the same time. I am not looking to make a living or a fortune with these, I just thought I would offer it to help guys out that are looking for a unit and not into the shipping costs we have. The new unit is 10X40 with an optional 40" extension.

Default High Banker/Dredge

I designed and built a HB similar to Gold Hog's, using their Mats. I designed it in CAD and CNC cut it on my Multicam router. I use a Honda WX15 pump, works great plenty of water, clay claw too! Also runs as a 2" Hydro Force Dredge, work great. Need some good ground to run now. Approx. size 9" x 7' with second stage.

IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0451.jpg

AkNugget

Default more HB Pics

A few more pics. Didn't mean to steal your thread AvidFlyer. I'm not cutting to sell.

IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0474.jpg

AkNugget

Wow 7' seems a bit long for streamside mining. Probably great on the beach with the correct mats.
    Many areas I've used mine I didn't have that much room to set mine up where there wasn't brush, boulders, and trees in the way.
    But being that long recovery must be pretty good.
    I would think a unit that long would be better if you made the sluice in 2 sections. The second one removable and having a drop into it like a longtom. Just a thought.
    Btw what is the purpose of those vertical bars in the header box?
    It looks like they can be flipped up out of the way? My guess is it holds clay materials longer for better washing?
    Mine has the water coming in from the front and I really like it that way. I modified it by adding a swiveling ball valve so my intake hose can come in at any angle.
    Does the water coming in from the back like that get in the way of things like clearing out the bigger tailings that won't pass through the grizzly or dumping buckets?
    Might be fun to get with some forum members for some mining sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknugget View Post
    A few more pics. Didn't mean to steal your thread AvidFlyer. I'm not cutting to sell.
    AkNugget
    No issues cutting in here Mr. I was not really looking to sell too much, just thought I could get a better deal running multiple units at the same time so you save set up fees etc. I have the files sent out to get cut on the water jet. Going to be a sweet set up when I get the parts back and put together.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Wow 7' seems a bit long for streamside mining. Probably great on the beach with the correct mats.
    Many areas I've used mine I didn't have that much room to set mine up where there wasn't brush, boulders, and trees in the way.
    But being that long recovery must be pretty good.
    I would think a unit that long would be better if you made the sluice in 2 sections. The second one removable and having a drop into it like a longtom. Just a thought.
    Btw what is the purpose of those vertical bars in the header box?
    It looks like they can be flipped up out of the way? My guess is it holds clay materials longer for better washing?
    Mine has the water coming in from the front and I really like it that way. I modified it by adding a swiveling ball valve so my intake hose can come in at any angle.
    Does the water coming in from the back like that get in the way of things like clearing out the bigger tailings that won't pass through the grizzly or dumping buckets?
    Might be fun to get with some forum members for some mining sometime.

If you look at the videos of the gold hog stuff you will see why running the water in the back makes a big difference. Water in the front will shove the material through quicker but not wash it as well. The washing action of the water coming from behind really churns the material and it comes off the grizzlys CLEAN.

I looked at the GPAA site and the Kenai chapter site does not look to have been updated in awhile. I don't have much use joining a group thats not too active, I am already members of a few of those type groups in the area for other hobbies LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    If you look at the videos of the gold hog stuff you will see why running the water in the back makes a big difference. Water in the front will shove the material through quicker but not wash it as well. The washing action of the water coming from behind really churns the material and it comes off the grizzlys CLEAN.

I looked at the GPAA site and the Kenai chapter site does not look to have been updated in awhile. I don't have much use joining a group thats not too active, I am already members of a few of those type groups in the area for other hobbies LOL.
    I don't normally watch the goldhog videos as Doc doesn't allow comments for people to reply to his opinions.
    I like to hear opposing views or reviews on equipment.
    Also he has been sued by other manufacturers for stealing their ideas.
    My water comes in from the front but my spray bars spray it from the sides.
    Seems to work well for me for the most part.
    As for the Kenai chapter we are actually very active.
    We have outings once a month in the summer.
    And meetings once a month year round with presentations on mining equipment use, permitting, etc. etc.
    I have been to two outings on the beach(private claims not GPAA) and one working outing on our Colorado creek claims just this summer.
    I also missed one where we hosted Mike Pung the inventor of the gold cube for a beach outing because I was working on the slope.
    We fixed and brushed the road into the Colorado creek claim. Was a really good and productive time as were the beach outings.
    We had our own website but the couple who managed it retired out of state so we let it go.
    Club members are working on getting the new website hosted on the national clubs site updated with our info and pictures of our outings and whatnot.
    We may not be the most computer savy group but we are very active.

I also own and use a Gold Cube(excellent on beach gold), a Gold Bug 2 metal detector,
    Gold Buddy, 2 sluice boxes, assorted pans and other gear.
    I won't limit myself to one piece of equipment. Different situations require different gear.
    Some areas limit gear types or their are seasons on certain gear types.
    Proper permits are also in order for many areas and gear types.
    Anadramous fish streams have a season for motorized equipment. So you need a backup piece of equipment such as a sluice box for later season mining on them.

I don't normally watch the goldhog videos as Doc doesn't allow comments for people to reply to his opinions.
    I like to hear opposing views or reviews on equipment.
    Also he has been sued by other manufacturers for stealing their ideas.
    My water comes in from the front but my spray bars spray it from the sides.
    Seems to work well for me for the most part.
    As for the Kenai chapter we are actually very active.
    We have outings once a month in the summer.
    And meetings once a month year round with presentations on mining equipment use, permitting, etc. etc.
    I have been to two outings on the beach(private claims not GPAA) and one working outing on our Colorado creek claims just this summer.
    I also missed one where we hosted Mike Pung the inventor of the gold cube for a beach outing because I was working on the slope.
    We fixed and brushed the road into the Colorado creek claim. Was a really good and productive time as were the beach outings.
    We had our own website but the couple who managed it retired out of state so we let it go.
    Club members are working on getting the new website hosted on the national clubs site updated with our info and pictures of our outings and whatnot.
    We may not be the most computer savy group but we are very active.
    Were you guys on the Northlander or Ken and Brian claim? Northlander is no longer GPAA. I used to work that one quite a bit. Even had a lock on the gate to get into the south side of the river.

Quote Originally Posted by TintedSnow View Post
    Were you guys on the Northlander or Ken and Brian claim? Northlander is no longer GPAA. I used to work that one quite a bit. Even had a lock on the gate to get into the south side of the river.

As far as the club outing we didn't do any mining just fixed up the road/trail into the claims.
    Since Northlander is below the Ken and Brian we have to cross it to get to the other claims anyway.
    We were suprised to learn that claim was for sale. Especially since the owner did not notify the GPAA that he had it up for sale.
    Makes it difficult to notify members when the club itself doesn't even know.

As far as the club outing we didn't do any mining just fixed up the road/trail into the claims.
    Since Northlander is below the Ken and Brian we have to cross it to get to the other claims anyway.
    We were suprised to learn that claim was for sale. Especially since the owner did not notify the GPAA that he had it up for sale.
    Makes it difficult to notify members when the club itself doesn't even know.
    Yeah the owner messaged me giving me a "first dibs" on buying it. I couldn't afford it though. Didn't realize it'd go up for public sale so quickly. It's a perfect right off the road claim!