Thread: Noatak River float - Nimiuktuk to Nakolik

Default Noatak River float - Nimiuktuk to Nakolik

I'm going to be floating the Noatak River towards the end of July. I will be putting in upriver from the confluence of the Nimiuktuk and taking out a bit down river from the Nakolik.

Has anybody floated this stretch of the river?

Paddled from well above the Nimiuktuk to the village of Noatak. I have no idea where the Nakolik is. We did it in a 16.5' Ally canoe

Hunter it and snow machined up there a few times. I have a rafting group headed up to the Anisic in 2 weeks so if I can help let me know.

We ship inflatable rafts (SOAR 16 and 18 foot Pro-Pioneers) up many times each summer and can provide gear and flight service referral as well.

This might be reaching you to late but we are the Go-To outfitter for that country.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

The plan has changed and now we are floating from the Cutler to the Nakolik.

Walt, we are good to go on gear for this trip, but I may be contacting you later this summer. I want to get the kids out on a shorter overnight (easy) float to introduce them to float trips, and I was thinking about trying the Gulkana.