Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cabover truck camper build with auxillary fuel tank

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    Not the integral tanks I wanted; simple cheap and effective.
    I added a quick lil meat hook that bolts to a jack post. Only adds about 4' of width, no one will notice on the road.lol..Attachment 94180

shayno; Looks Pretty Good, but what about "Security", Traveling thru Canada, and you Stop for the Night somewhere, you're going to have to have someone on "Guard-Duty", or you won't have those Jugs, and or the Fuel that's in them when you get-up in the Morning,,,,, you can put a locking cable around them,,,, that will keep the Jugs from disappearing,,,, but then they will just Punch a Hole in the Bottom of the Jug, and let the Fuel run into their Container,,,,, Ask me how I know all this,,,, what's that "Old" Saying,,,,, "Been there and Done That", they got me for that same amount, that your hauling, 30 gals., I was lucky, as I had left 1/4+ in my On-Board Fuel Tank when I switched to my 2nd On-Board Tank which was right at "Empty" when this Fiasco Happened,,,,,,
    Thats my Story, and I'm Sticking to it. !!!

TG
    [ USMC 1st Marine Div. 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi ]

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    shayno; Looks Pretty Good, but what about "Security", Traveling thru Canada, and you Stop for the Night somewhere, you're going to have to have someone on "Guard-Duty", or you won't have those Jugs, and or the Fuel that's in them when you get-up in the Morning,,,,, you can put a locking cable around them,,,, that will keep the Jugs from disappearing,,,, but then they will just Punch a Hole in the Bottom of the Jug, and let the Fuel run into their Container,,,,, Ask me how I know all this,,,, what's that "Old" Saying,,,,, "Been there and Done That", they got me for that same amount, that your hauling, 30 gals., I was lucky, as I had left 1/4+ in my On-Board Fuel Tank when I switched to my 2nd On-Board Tank which was right at "Empty" when this Fiasco Happened,,,,,,
    Thats my Story, and I'm Sticking to it. !!!

TG
    I thought of security. But I don't think I'll be camping around others. And, in installing a battery powered motion light back there. It's kinda dark when nature calls..

The camper traveled 700 miles these last few days. 230 on the Denali. Not a single issue at all. I now need shelves, and lots of them. And I didn't plan on how to carry bloody bags... So I think I'm going with linoleum for ease of cleaning.... I also need a ladder and roof rack for things not often used. Shovels, ropes, chainsaw, things like that.20170825_124008.jpg

I also need a ratchet on the meat hook with a cleat and multiple padeyes on it. And I need to add a awning of some sort that I can move to any side by using jack mounting plates..

Looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

An update for any still curious:
    I made the trip to oregon and back with not a single issue. I spent a total of 13 nights in it. On the way back I pulled my trailer that was 11k lbs. On the scales we were 21,900 lbs. I also had lift bags put in, prob the best money I've spent in a while! Really tamed the sway from the camper and trailer.20170928_200743.jpg

That looks like a really nice setup! Do you find that the height could be reduced or is the interior height about right? Also, do you have an estimate on material cost? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post
    I also had lift bags put in, prob the best money I've spent in a while! Really tamed the sway from the camper and trailer.20170928_200743.jpg
    If you have a truck camper I whole heartedly agree on these. I have put them on 4 of my F-250-350's over the years. They are a plus. BUT, I also a few feet of extra air line with them and cover the airlines in the plastic electrical wiring covers for added protection.

Hillary moved to NY and I moved out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123