Thread: hiking to haley creek

Default hiking to haley creek

Ok so I'm going down dip netting this week with a group of guys. The guy leading the trip (owner of the boat) was thinking of instead of trying to make two trips down. he would just take a couple guys and the gear down and start fishing and two of us could hike down and meet them at .

I want to know what the trail is like, is it walkable are there lots of ruts,rocks, mud?

I don't mind hiking but if the trail is really rough I would like to know.

Thanks.

Default Long Walk to Haley Creek

Yes it is certainly walkable as 4 wheelers go down this old road bed. I think it is 7 miles with some hills where it drops down to other creeks. I have seen people on bicycles pulling trailers in the first few miles of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AKducks View Post
    Ok so I'm going down dip netting this week with a group of guys. The guy leading the trip (owner of the boat) was thinking of instead of trying to make two trips down. he would just take a couple guys and the gear down and start fishing and two of us could hike down and meet them at .

I want to know what the trail is like, is it walkable are there lots of ruts,rocks, mud?

I don't mind hiking but if the trail is really rough I would like to know.

Thanks.
    The trail is an easy hike...but rather long at around 5 miles from O'Brien Cr.

If you go that route consider riding a mountain bike since (presumably) all of the gear will be in the boat. For the vast majority of the trail you could zip right along on a mountain bike at 10mph+. You will have to push up a couple of hills and maybe carry it over a couple of piles of breakdown but most of it is single lane hardpack that is easy rolling.

I've done the bike in thing a couple of times to around 7.25, Haley isn't very far past that...at 7.86
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit