Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great day dipping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post

Got on the water today, went well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful. There's a giant thumb sneaking up on you! It might try and take your fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I usually just rip a gill and throw them in the grass....all the toilet paper and beer cans keeps them fresh.
    Ah yeah....think they call that "Mat- Su Marinade"....
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Hey, watch it bud, I am Valley Trash and proud of it.

We have our "mentally infirm" here, but I spent 17 years driving back and forth to Anger ridge to avoid again living with the city people. Too much congestion -- in many ways other than proximity.

Me too. Thing is, all of those Anchorage folks trashing the Valley are actually moving out to the Valley and trashing it.

Quote Originally Posted by uhldwm View Post
    Hey, watch it bud, I am Valley Trash and proud of it.

We have our "mentally infirm" here, but I spent 17 years driving back and forth to Anger ridge to avoid again living with the city people. Too much congestion -- in many ways other than proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowstone View Post
    Me too. Thing is, all of those Anchorage folks trashing the Valley are actually moving out to the Valley and trashing it.

Now THAT is funny!
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Ooh I think the valley has trashed itself all by its self!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    Careful. There's a giant thumb sneaking up on you! It might try and take your fish.

I didn't even see that thumb coming until after I looked at the pictures! I thought some valley trash put up a blue tarp and blocked out the sun in my secret spot....!!!! Turned out it was just that giant thumb moving thru.
    Master guide 212

I notice you are in Big Lake, are you part of the problem, or part of the solution? Yup, I know what you mean, I took 3 truckloads of shooters trash off one of our trails last Fall, and I am the same old curmudgeon who has been seen down in Kasilof picking up other's trash with the orange safety vest and the sign on the back VOLUNTEER CLEAN-UP with the of the circle with the diagonal line through it and an outline of a pig taking a dump. I don't care who you are, or where you are from, HAUL IT IN, HAUL IT OUT, please.

Quote Originally Posted by uhldwm View Post
    I notice you are in Big Lake, are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?
    Oh he's most definitely part of the problem..........we all know that...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have used the same blue tarp to cover my pile of trash for the last five years!! I borrowed a old roll of duct tape and was able to patch the wind frayed ends together where my bathroom trash has been blowing out and decorating my neighbors chain link fence, the one where he piles his beer cans and dog crap! I woulda took it out and dumped it somewhere where i knew someone else woulda cleaned it up for me....because....obviously....if I live in a certain town..... I MUST be part of the problem!!
    Master guide 212

Well, we all have choices in life, we have good choices and we have rotten choices, but we all have choices. My preference, even though I am the worlds worst housekeeper, is to have my trails and beaches clean. I can't stop you, I can only clean-up after you and hope if you really are this way, that you make better choices in life. Big Lake is a beautiful area, I groom trails there from Knik and out the Iditarod. So, lets get back to talking dipnetting. My God, someone may think we are farcical -- or worse. Remember, the word for the day is farcical, write it down now so you all don't forget. Farcical, farcical, farcical.

Thumbs up

far·ci·cal
    [ˈfärsək(ə)l]

adjective

"Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12