Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear winch mounting Ranger 6x6???

Default Rear winch mounting Ranger 6x6???

Anybody here mounted a winch on the back of their late model Ranger 800 6x6?
    Considering it & looking for mounting ideas. Pics would be great :-) :-)
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Most all of us have them. Myself included. Several different ways to mount them. I wouldn't own one of these things without a rear winch.

Well then I need to take a look at yours!
    I'm finally got back in town this past Saturday after being gone off & on for most of the last 3 months since we found out my mom had cancer.
    My executioners were waiting for me when I got back & had them mounted yesterday.
    Front winch & mount are sitting on the garage floor waiting for me to get to them.
    What's your rotation schedule look like? I'd still love to come check out your machine & pick your brain.
    Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I have my winch mounted to a plate so that I can move it to the front or the back as I need it. I will try and get some pics tonight and post them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Well then I need to take a look at yours!
    I'm finally got back in town this past Saturday after being gone off & on for most of the last 3 months since we found out my mom had cancer.
    My executioners were waiting for me when I got back & had them mounted yesterday.
    Front winch & mount are sitting on the garage floor waiting for me to get to them.
    What's your rotation schedule look like? I'd still love to come check out your machine & pick your brain.
    Don't forget to bring a half rack of Alaskan Ambers with ya!
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Here is what I have! IMG_1796.jpgIMG_1797.jpg
    Like I said, the winch is mounted to a plate that will fit a 2" receiver hitch.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!

IMG_1798.jpgIMG_1799.jpg
    I have to install it upside down in the front due to my brush guard. Then I just plug it in for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Adison View Post
    IMG_1798.jpgIMG_1799.jpg
    I have to install it upside down in the front due to my brush guard. Then I just plug it in for power.

Thank you sir!
    Vance in AK.

The only problem I have with the winch being changeable from the front to the rear is that by the time I am stuck...the receiver is also buried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    The only problem I have with the winch being changeable from the front to the rear is that by the time I am stuck...the receiver is also buried.

That's my theory too. I can see pros & cons to the receiver mount but I think I will probably go with a permanent mount. Hopefully something high enough between the frame rails to keep it out of daily water & be able to get to it when the machine is buried.
    Vance in AK.

EMP Makes one like this makes it so you can still use your hitch.

I welded up a receiver for my Big Boss 6 wheel on the front. It's up high. Thinking of doing another under the rear cargo box. Usually I just pack a come-a-long.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Lots of ideas guys & thanks!
    I was going to hold off on this one for a while & just keep the HD come-a-long in the rig but Cabela's had the Superwinch Terra 45 (same as I have for the front) on sale for $207 shipped so it's wandering this way.
    Will let you know what I come up with!
    Vance in AK.

Congrats on scoring all your parts on the cheap. Don't over think the rear winch mount. Pretty **** simple to do it. I'll see it I can find some pics on my phone.

Just a thought but I used a cable come along that would pull about 6' at a time. One day I realized if I used synthetic winch line I can do twice as much with each pull and I won't be sticking frayed cable in my fingers. Bought 50' of 1/4" line and I got 27' on the come along without over filling it. It weighs less and is easier to use with the synthetic line...think the line was $30 on Amazon...YMMV.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I put a plate between frame members as high as I could to allow room for winch then wired in, ran the switch to drivers area & its on a 8-10' cord so easy to be looking at rear winch & operate

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    I put a plate between frame members as high as I could to allow room for winch then wired in, ran the switch to drivers area & its on a 8-10' cord so easy to be looking at rear winch & operate
    Sounds a bit like what I'm thinking. Any pics?
    Vance in AK.

Funny how I stumble on this thread while looking for a rear winch mount for my 6x6 Ranger. I have searched and searched. I bought the universal bracket that runs in a receiver and I despise that thing unless I use it on the car trailer. I would like to permanently mount the Warn 3.5 on the rear just above the hitch. I know people have fabricated them as I have seen them, but they are not for sale. Vance in AK did you find one?

here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images

I took the mounting plate and positioned it atop the receiver hitch. Made sure I have clearance for everything and welder it on there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast