Thread: Byers Lake Campground site sizes?

Default Byers Lake Campground site sizes?

Have any of you RV/Travel trailer camped at Byers Lake near Denali park? Most state campground sites are pretty small. I read that the sites at Byers are pretty good size for trailer camping. Any comments?

With out know the size of your RV, it is hard to say. Years ago we had a 31' Class C and used to setup at the Byres Lake camp ground. We had plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    With out know the size of your RV, it is hard to say. Years ago we had a 31' Class C and used to setup at the Byres Lake camp ground. We had plenty of room.
    Thanks Bearcat. I have a 23' trailer and a full size F-250 so I should be good.

Shouldn't have any problems. It's a descent campground with some good sized sites. I camped there with an F250 + camper and my car hauler w/wheelers (23' tip to tail).

No problems with the camp sites but the road around the campground is absolutely terrible. I mean REAL bad. Very nice clean outhouses.

I was wondering... If the State closes shop on July first, will that affect the State Parks they operate? I believe Byers is a State park operation, is it not?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

For parks with staffed entrances, I could see them shutting down.

With self-service campgrounds/parks like Byers I don't think anyone would notice a difference other than facilities (if any) being locked. I have no doubt the state will continue to collect the camping fees from the self-service kiosks, as the government never misses a chance to collect money.

Sadly, I would expect to see quite a few campers take the low road and not pay camping fees since there probably wouldn't be any enforcement. With the "I got mine, screw everyone else" mentality that is so prevalent up here, far too many are quick to take that low road.

Byers is huge. I've driven my semi through there with a 48' flatbed delivering materials to the State Parks. Probably one of the largest, easiest to mover around, campground in the system.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem