Thread: whoya gonna blame now?

Default whoya gonna blame now?

Latest on the Exxon oil spill that many blame for most everything: https://craigmedred.news/2017/06/06/...l-spared-fish/

I've read similar accounts of what happened in WWII on the east coast as the Nazis were sinking ships all over the place. The fish actually prospered and stocks recovered when the commercial fishing pressure was gone, even with all the oil and other pollution in the water from the torpedoed ships.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

"The Pinks shall inherit the World". Why are there so many Pink hatcheries in PWS?
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    "The Pinks shall inherit the World". Why are there so many Pink hatcheries in PWS?
    What kind of an impact are the billions of well fed and protected hatchery pink salmon having on wild salmon?
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    Maybe because they are paid for with taxes on commercial fishermen to provide them with more fish to catch?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Default dang good question!

The money gets in the way of us knowing what impact the hatchery salmon have on wild stock of salmon, herring, and other wild fish and creatures. Just the waste from the hatchery pens can be an issue, as it is with fish farming.

And the devastation of the fish processing waste on the harbors and sea life - the death zones - is conveniently ignored.

Yet the comm fishing industry screams about farm raised and GMO fish and the problems they COULD possibly perhaps maybe somehow theoretically cause.

It is all about the money. Let's ignore all the stuff going on today and continue to focus on the oil spill. And all the while, oil keeps the state running while the comm fishing industry's contribution is almost negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan54 View Post
    What kind of an impact are the billions of well fed and protected hatchery pink salmon having on wild salmon?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK