Thread: Argo on Tracks in the Snow???

Question Argo on Tracks in the Snow???

Anyone have experience with an Argo on tracks in the snow? I'm wondering how well they get around in deep snow and do they get stuck easliy? I have an Avenger and will have 20" wide rubber tracks and tow a small sled. Thanks for your input I'm still learning.

I have 20" rubber tracks on a conquest. Have never been stuck in deep snow on flat ground. You will push a pile of snow ahead of you but will not get stuck. Uphill is different story. Very slight incline OK but anything slightly steep will stop you. A very short hill and several runs to pack a trail and you might make it. Going any distance uphill the front of the machine will want to slide around downhill. Turning or correcting uphill does not work well. The side you are braking will stop and the other side will dig a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingis4play View Post
    Anyone have experience with an Argo on tracks in the snow? I'm wondering how well they get around in deep snow and do they get stuck easliy? I have an Avenger and will have 20" wide rubber tracks and tow a small sled. Thanks for your input I'm still learning.
    I use an Argo to go up and down a hill every day in the snow.

Argos will handle the snow with tracks quite well. Wheels only is useless.

As to the responder who said they don't handle going up hills, I would suggest that you get the ice cleat sets. With two sets of ice cleats (there is room for four on my 8x8) you can go up icy hills up to about 20 degrees of slope without much trouble. Without the ice cleats, it's pretty hard to go up certain snow conditions above about 5% slope.

I have no problem going anywhere with my Playcat. This machine is awesome. Has a Kohler440 in it. Go on Youtube and type in Playcat and you will see what I mean. This one is mine16567794R.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BguUhtubE6U try this.
    JOHN

i just got back from petersville over new years and was in chest deep snow when you stepped out of the machine. I have an 08 750 efi avenger 8x8 had a blast and learned alot. Never got stuck though. I did run into a problem when the snow got wetter and packy that if i tried to turn too hard and sharp i could walk out of the rubber track if I wasn't careful the snow would pack inbetween the tires and allow it to clear the track guides. No big issues just soemthing to watch and listen for. you can hear the rubber tired squeek on the guides before you walk out of the track. hills were back and ram if they got too steep just to get a good path. but once you had your path you could haul 800 lbs up the thing behind you with no issues. And yes I have the ice cleats on my rubber track.

John, I checked out the video, pretty kool and I'd like to see it in person