Thread: Lift for grumman

Default Lift for grumman

Anyone know where to find one these days? Is anyone still fabbing them up in Fairbanks, and if so, what kind of expense can I expect? Also looking for an outboard for my new to me Grumman freighter. Thanks.

PM sent SID

having problems with PM's find one up your an copy it an make it,

i have one of the old style "jackass" lifts I am not using. I will make you a great deal on it if you wanted.
    Dwight

PM sent SID

Hi sid, no PM showing up in my inbox yet. thanks.

Hey greenmachine,
    I have a lift I am using on my canoe, if you run out of options I could build you one. It would take me some time to get it built, but you could have one :-)
    Here is the link with a picture of it http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...t=#post1555666

Greenmachine has any of my PM's got to you ??? SID, I hope so

I have a lift for a Grumman freighter. I plan to bring it to a welding shop to have them use it as a design to make a lift for a Grumman sport boat. After I get my sport boat lift done I will be willing to sell this one.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

oh, carp. am i gonna have to start making these again? if anyone is interested yet (just saw this post) i think i still have a jig for building one. the guy i sold/gave all my crap to made this jig, then he died and i inherited it. nfi how it works, but it would be easier than going from scratch. cheers. john

Quote Originally Posted by jklingel View Post
    oh, carp. am i gonna have to start making these again? if anyone is interested yet (just saw this post) i think i still have a jig for building one. the guy i sold/gave all my crap to made this jig, then he died and i inherited it. nfi how it works, but it would be easier than going from scratch. cheers. john
    What kind is it that you are making or willing to make? Any pictures? What kind of price are you thinking?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

sorry for the confusion. i made hundreds, if not millions of those lifts, but am not interested in doing that anymore. i sold my jigs and plans to CJ several years ago. i would be willing to give the jig that CJ made (nfi where he put my jig) to anyone who wants to make a lift or two, and only ask for a 98% commission on any money you make therefrom. well, let me rethink that. maybe i'd trade the jig for a 20 oz cherry pepsi, and you keep the big money..... what kind of lift, you ask? the kind you usually see; i made them for 10-15 yrs, which is why i drive a lamborghini now. cheers. j

I have a lift for a Grumman 19ft freighter that I will sell. It came with a freighter that I purchased and later sold without the lift. I'm sure it was probably made by Mr Klingel above. Don't know what it's worth but I'm thinking $300. It's in good shape and works just like designed.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Also have a similar lift for a Grumman sport boat that I will sell with or without the sport boat
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

marty: i think the lifts used to retail at beaver sports for $175 to $200, and that was 20 yrs ago or so. $300 is probably right, if you can find a person who needs one. those things were overkill, so age is not a factor IMO. good luck selling it. john

Thank you sir. You did good work. Not enough demand now I'm sure. I've decided to sell my canoe. Getting too old and fat.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

i told a guy i could make a custom lift for a grumman 19' if he was willing to pay, and when he arrived he asked if i could tweak the design to fit him and use lighter gauge steel and save a couple of pounds. i looked at the 350 pounder and said "i would advise you have someone else make it. i like building overkill for safety." he agreed, and i made the lift. now i ask you, could a 350 pounder not lose 5 lbs instead of having a lighter lift? hmmm. i was worried about that guy in a grumman, but i never read where he drowned. so, you may not be too fat after all. cheers. john, and thanks for the compliment.