Thread: Just a quick thought

Default Just a quick thought

I noticed that a Fairbanks resident got drawn on one of the SE any bull tags. I'm happy for the person but being from SE I was under the impression that moose hunting was a lot better in the interior(ie. larger and more abundant moose). Am I wrong? Is general season interior moose hunting bad enough that it's worth traveling 1000 miles to chase a smaller Panhandle moose. I'm not criticizing the person for getting a tag in my area it just made me wonder about moose in Fairbanks. If someone could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

Default could be hometown

Could be the same reason I go back east and chase whitetails to go hunting with family and friends.

Default Good Point!!

That was almost too obvious.

Default Well

I counted 13 goats across the road from the house a few days ago. But I still applied for a Kodiak goat and drew. I have never been to Kodiak and would love to go. Trouble is, moose Tag in Fairbanks and a place to stay and hunt six hours away. Or, fly to Kodiak and hire a plane to take me in and walk up by myself for a goat. And then I only have five personal days to do it all in. Decisions, decisions......
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 07-15-2007 at 10:26.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

If I lived in Fairbanks I would love to come to Southeast! Huge change of scenery!

Maybe we will get lucky and he'll donate the meat here!

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    If I lived in Fairbanks I would love to come to Southeast! Huge change of scenery!

Maybe we will get lucky and he'll donate the meat here!
    Is that donation something that should be premeditated or a consideration after the kill?