Thread: Tanana boat launch locations.

Default Tanana boat launch locations.

Are there any launch points between Delta Junction and North Pole. I Drew a Moose permit for area 772. Looks like the Little Delta river is almost in the middle of it. Any pointers from you River Rats? thanks. Jeff

Default Shaw Creek

The closest point that I know of is Shaw Creek, just the FAI side of the flats before Quartz lake. People use that to get to the Richardson Clearwater area.
    The Salcha would be further to the Little Delta, but someday hope to boat that area just for the adventure. There is a small clear creek up the TAnana from Salcha, can't remember the name right now. I have flown over that area and there are cabins there.
    Let us know how the river in that area looks.

As I understand it the landing at Shaw creek might all be private for the Clearwater owners to park. Could be wrong and would be worth checking it out.

What kind of boat? I was in that area exploring a couple years ago. Have not hunted it, but ran up the Little Delta 30 miles to the confluence of the east and west forks.

I am running an 16ft. Marion. with 75 hr. Jet. My buddy who drew also will be running an 18 ft. Roughneck tunnel hull with Honda 90. Kind of excited after my 8 year drought on permits. As I live in Palmer need to get as much info as I can before heading up and scouting it out. Thanks guys for all and any information. Jeff

I don't know how far you might be able to run a jet boat up the Little Delta. Don't even know if you can get off the Tanana to try. We ran it a couple years ago when it was high and then went by it last year during normal levels and weren't gutsy enough to give it a shot with the Xtreme Shallow. We did stop just a mile upstream on the Tanana to watch a bull swim across the river. That was cool! Looks like someone uses horses to run the river. Maybe a guide? There were a few milling around near the mouth on the first trip. Good luck!