Thread: place to get tires mounted

Default place to get tires mounted

Just got some new tires for the 4 wheeler and was wondering were I can get them mounted in Anchorage. Thanks

Any dealer that sells ATV's can probably mount them. Also check with Johnsons tires and other tire shops.
    Tennessee

I had my tires mounted at a salvage shop in Eagle River and all four will not hold air like they are supposed to. Personally, my tires won't be done there ever again. Had a buddy mount his at Johnsons which worked out great for him. I had a set of tires I mounted myself, and that wasn't too tough. With some watered soap, two monster flat head screw drivers, a large compressor I set the beads on three within an hour. It took me awhile to get the first but after that I was rolling down the trail like no bodies business.

Anchorage Yamaha wanted $85 to mount 2 tires. Yeah...right.

American Tire. Quick and reasonable.

I waited for an hour at Eagle River polaris Arctic Cat while the poor kid did my tires by hand. I was flabbergasted that they didnt have a tire machine.

Default Alaska Tire Service

Alaska Tire Service, a small family owned place on 88th. They are fast and used some kind of good rim seal. Matt and Tami yhe owners are gun folks, too. To the guy who did it himself. Maybe you got lucky, but putting ATV tires of any kind of decent tough construction isn't easy and screw drivers are great for screwing up the beads. Screw drivers are meant for screws.

Default tires mounted and ready to go

had the old tires taken off and new rubber put on at Alaska tire service, cost was $60 and service was fast, I have had problems in the past with Johnson tire, bought rims from them and they would not mount the tires on them since I did not buy them there, called today for the atv tires and they would not mount the tires since they were new, but would mount old rubber?. THANKS EVERYBODY, now I'm ready to head up for my DM797 moose hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Superx View Post
    Anchorage Yamaha wanted $85 to mount 2 tires. ...
    At that price, you have to wonder if "getting your tires mounted" a new euphemism for sex!

Default Second AK tire service

Glad you got them mounted. I met the owner out riding his four wheeler in Petersville. One of the true local businesses IMO. BK

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    , called today for the atv tires and they would not mount the tires since they were new, but would mount old rubber?
    Sometimes mounting a new set of wheeler tires can test your patience. Specially the stiff 6 ply mudder tires. Many times I have had to grease the bead for them to pop past the retaining ridge on the wheel. Sometimes an old tire will litterally need to be ripped off the bead with a machine in order to get it off the wheel. Might take a little extra time, but still not a good enough excuse for some shops not to do them.

Will the business' mentioned mount tires on 8 and 9" rims? I can't find anyone who will mount that small of rim.

Tim

Default do it yerself...

I have always done my own tires from streetbikes, dirtbikes, 3 wheelers, and recently did my outlander. Really small rims, 8-9 are usually "split rims" really easy to change.

Default X2 on Alaska Tire Service

Good people.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.