Attached Images Attached Images

Lynn Canal on the way to Haines
    Attached Images Attached Images

Epic trip, congrats on it all.
    Would love to make that run some day.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by tinboat View Post
    Proof that you have had somesunshine this year
    Yep, glad to hear you guys got to enjoy part our 3-week summer. Unfortunately its over now and back to raining every day...

Looks like a beautiful trip. We hope to trailer to Haynes next summer and spend a couple weeks exploring that part of Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Looks like a beautiful trip. We hope to trailer to Haynes next summer and spend a couple weeks exploring that part of Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We will probably trailer to Haines and spend 3 weeks in SE next year as well. There is a lot to see down there.

My boat (30'OS)was being built on the other side of the shop as yours at the same time. Whenever I would come in to check mine out I'd steal a few ideas from yours.

Nice trip north....Myself and a friend have been talking about taking our boats to Haines next summer for a month of exploring the SE. He comes up from Montana and I'd come down from the interior. He has done this twice and still has a lot more to explore. I've wanted to do it for years. I keep hoping he will miss the turn and end up in PWS and I'm sure he will some day.

You have a great boat. I really like the thought that went into the design. North River and Sea Wolf are my favorite boats and yours looks to prove that even more. I've enjoyed your post on this forum. Thanks

Amazing boat and amazing company . How long was the total build time for the boat and did you have to wait for a slot at the production factory ?

The build was about 3 months, it was longer than normal due to it being custom. We started the build about 5 months after we put the deposit down.

Quote Originally Posted by BAH468 View Post
    My boat (30'OS)was being built on the other side of the shop as yours at the same time. Whenever I would come in to check mine out I'd steal a few ideas from yours.
    What color was yours? I remember a black one, blue one and a burgundy one

wow that's a fantastic build time. She looks amazing. Did you deal directly with the manufacturer or did you use a supplier.?

What is your cruise speed? MPG?

Quote Originally Posted by stroganof View Post
    What is your cruise speed? MPG?
    Fuel burn is best 1.5 miles per gallon at 3950-4150 Rpm at 29-32Mph
    Normal running 1.25-1.35 at about any speed other than WOT.
    At WOT it is pushing 50Mph and burning 0.8 miles per gallon.

Thanks. That makes me feel better. My boat is similar (32' Maxweld mono, twin 300 suzukis) and gets about the same, slightly less perhaps. Hoping to increase it slightly with different props.

50 mph is phenominal for the size and mass of the boat .

Quote Originally Posted by tinboat View Post
    Fuel burn is best 1.5 miles per gallon at 3950-4150 Rpm at 29-32Mph
    Normal running 1.25-1.35 at about any speed other than WOT.
    At WOT it is pushing 50Mph and burning 0.8 miles per gallon.
    I think that is some very good performance numbers all the way around....!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

How did you start your process. Did you contact the North river company yourself or did you use a intermediary. I was considering purchasing an 2900sxl myself and wanted to make a small number of additional changes ( the roof extension at the back and maybe an extension to the stern) . Was there much additional works needed to make the additional extras and how much time did the extras extend the build time from normal timescales.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky_Ireland View Post
    How did you start your process. Did you contact the North river company yourself or did you use a intermediary. I was considering purchasing an 2900sxl myself and wanted to make a small number of additional changes ( the roof extension at the back and maybe an extension to the stern) . Was there much additional works needed to make the additional extras and how much time did the extras extend the build time from normal timescales.
    North River uses Distributor. If you contact them they can direct you to the one they have in your area. But the custom things you can talk with them on before and during the build process.
    My recommendation if you are around Roseburg would be to swing by the plant and talk with them. They build over 300 boats a year and will probably have a 29 or 31 being built and on the floor that you could look at.
    At least call them The build spots fill up fast this time of year, talked to them. 1 week after I put money down for build spot and they had about 15 more boats signed up. As with all extras have them in before the build starts. The extras that extended our build time was the additional rigging that we put on the boat. I think they had about 1000 man hours in the rigging.

Quote Originally Posted by stroganof View Post
    Thanks. That makes me feel better. My boat is similar (32' Maxweld mono, twin 300 suzukis) and gets about the same, slightly less perhaps. Hoping to increase it slightly with different props.
    I may play with my props next year, and I may lower the outboards 1 hole to see if I can improve any thing. But 600hp will burn fuel. The hull has a 24 degree dead rise at the transom. That decreases economy but helps on the ride. Trade off but it does ride nice in the chop.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast