Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 32' NR Sounder Build

Looking good, looks like they are moving right along! The waiting is tough though for sure!

Looks like an awesome build. Isee too many built with little deck space to be a real fishing boat.
    My question is about the stability. There has to be a sweet spot in length to width with these types ofdesign.I would think the longer theboat the more susceptible to rocking.Isaw that there was a pretty deep V on the keel at the stern. Will that reducethe roll of the boat at low speeds?

10Q
    Drew

All paradise rests in the shadow of swords." ~K. Yates

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I don't think my eyes have ever seen so much aluminum in one place!....lol. Beautiful...!!! Have you picked out a name for her yet?
    LEGACY is the name. Both my wife's family and mine have been on Alaska waters since before State hood.

The paint was listed to go to the top of the first rub rail, I thought that was the bottom one. Being boat decks are numbered from the bottom up. Sent an email to North River and they said usually they list them as top or bottom and not first or second, so they pulled it back in and are painting it to the top of the lower rub rail. We were going to live with it but I could tell my wife preferred it to have more paint. They sent me an email this morning and said it was a mis-communication and they were going to fix it the way we wanted it.
    It is very refreshing to have a builder that wants to give us the boat we want. They have been super through the whole process.

[QUOTE=Delta Tenderfoot;1596469]Looks like an awesome build. Isee too many built with little deck space to be a real fishing boat.
    My question is about the stability. There has to be a sweet spot in length to width with these types ofdesign.I would think the longer theboat the more susceptible to rocking.Isaw that there was a pretty deep V on the keel at the stern. Will that reducethe roll of the boat at low speeds?

10Q
    Drew

The full length deep vee softens the ride of the hull as it passes thru rough water. In the pics of post #3 on pg 1, take a look at the flat surfaces where the bottom of the hull meets the sides of the hull. These edges help to stabilize the roll of the hull & makes for a nice ride.
    Last edited by akdeweyj; 06-07-2017 at 17:16. Reason: Content
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

32163 White 007.jpg32163 White 008.jpg
    You can see the carbon flash metallic paint in the close up

32163 White 016.jpg
    Off to rigging. We will get to see it up close in 20 days!!
    I told North River to keep sending pictures as the rigging progresses.

IMG_4955.jpgIMG_4957.jpg

I am adding a light for late night pot pulling and have two locations.
    I am thinking under the house would be better.
    Anybody have any thoughts?

I would go under for 3 reasons.

1st of course it's better protected and less apt to break it off or tear a dingy or whatever else gets tossed up top.

2nd, the upper mounting will leave you with a dark shadow closer to the cabin if you don't push it all the to, or past the end of the roof.

3rd. There are times I like to shine mine just straight down. Light up the deck but the light hits nobody in the face or shines out across the water.

Just my 2 cents.

And have them wire up a switch above the rear door for those lights. It's more convenient. A 3 way switch would be even better so you have one at the helm too.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
    I would go under for 3 reasons.

1st of course it's better protected and less apt to break it off or tear a dingy or whatever else gets tossed up top.

2nd, the upper mounting will leave you with a dark shadow closer to the cabin if you don't push it all the to, or past the end of the roof.

3rd. There are times I like to shine mine just straight down. Light up the deck but the light hits nobody in the face or shines out across the water.

Just my 2 cents.
    Three good points, under the roof it is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    And have them wire up a switch above the rear door for those lights. It's more convenient. A 3 way switch would be even better so you have one at the helm too.
    Good idea they are adding an additional switch at the rear helm and this other deck light will be switched separately as well.

IMG_4953.jpg

DSCN4845.jpgDSCN4844.jpg

Rigging is moving along

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast