Thread: Main Bay Updates - please

Default Main Bay Updates - please

Anyone have any?

Default Trip report

I was out yesterday and it was great! Just be careful of the commercial guys, their nets are everywhere. Actually saw a group of what looked like commercial fisherman in a small boat hit one of the corked lines, it brought them to a serious stop! You'd think if anyone should know better it would have been them but as I said I "think" based on their boat and the way they were dressed that they were commercials. Best of luck to you!

Default Trip report

I was also out on Thursday and it was great. The sun was out, the seas were flat and the fishin was good. There were four of us on the boat and we limited out in under three hours. There were a few that were starting to turn, but there were a LOT more that were chrome. There was just wave after wave of nice fish. It was amazing that any fish could make it through all the nets, but there was plenty to be had for everyone.

I think I saw that same incident with the comm. tender running over the line. It did bring them to a complete stop. Looking back at them, into the bay with the afternoon sun on the water made it VERY difficult to see the little white bouy's on the top of the net. So if it is sunny and you are going in the bay in teh afternoon be very carefull. There was space to go around the nets, but there was some zig zagging to get in and out of the bay.

Thanks for the update...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Went out yesturday and limited out with 4 people. Was much slower than last weekend. Fish are still nice and bright.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default Bay is still happening

There on yesterday, Tuesday afternoon, and there were a few sport boats snagging about all the reds they wanted. Lots of comm nets out, pots and comm boats in the evening. Sea with little chop, weather good, cloudy. Observed reds jumping in the surrounding area, pleasant day.