Thread: DM410 Access question

Default DM410 Access question

Hey

I drew DM410 this year which is the antlerless Knik River / Glacier tag https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/h.../pdf/dm410.pdf and recently saw this article in the ADN about the land conveyance to the Eklutna, Inc. native corporation. https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017...to-the-public/. While the trails will remain open, anything off traffic will have to be foot traveled and is not open to hunting or fishing unless you are member of the native corp.

In my original hunt planning, I was hoping to travel up to Friday creek and look for moose back in that valley. It appears now that those plans are shot with the conveyance to the native corporation. Has anyone done this hunt before and can provide any advice? I've tried searching around and could only find reports prior to the land conveyance.

Thanks!

Super easy tag....lots of hunting pressure...the lands out there is open to hunting and on any given day in Aug/Sept you will find 50 people out there hunting. Don't worry about the native land as much as the news makes it out to be. The main trail out there is established and won't get shut down any century soon.

FWIW, wolf point and on it full of moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the tip!

canoe in any of the waterways off Maud road. watch for air boats.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    canoe in any of the waterways off Maud road. watch for air boats.
    Yea what he said ^^^ I duck hunt mudlake area allot, gull lake and the slough that brings you back into swan/leaf are loaded with cows. Counted 23 cows on the perimeter of gull lake one evening before opening duck hunting two years ago. Paddling a canoe up into that area is cake.

Wife took one off the dry end of Gull lake a couple years ago. Get in there before the 1st, after that there are a lot of bird hunters out and it makes the moose a little more skittish. We launched at Mud lake 6:30, we were on the road back home by 1 in the afternoon. Many days you can see them from the launch area...

A great option is to launch at Jim Lake and paddle across to the portage. From there you can quickly access Gull as well as the old dry lakes that look like pasture land. Lots of moose out there, should be one of your easiest hunts.