Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: 2017 Kenai River Dipnetting Reports

  1. #101
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Just curious how did you retain your residency here if you were overseas for two years?
    There are several possibilities, and it's really none of your--or our--business.

  2. #102
    Member TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Just curious how did you retain your residency here if you were overseas for two years?
    Temporary assignment for work. Airline biz. Maintained my home as primary residence, paid property taxes, US taxes, stored all our crap here. AK DL still valid. Wasn't a resident any where else. Sufficient for AK residency. Not for PFD.

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluNosDav View Post
    Thanx Mike!

    But, I'm not familiar with the names of the various commercial fishing districts listed in your links.
    Do those EO's affect Kenai River bound sockeye?

    The previous EO's that I read specifically mentioned the Kenai:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ap.../836771345.pdf

    Thanx, Dave.
    It will have an effect most likely, but I guarantee there will still be good dipping. Tonight's tide was probably productive and tomorrow morning will undoubtedly be good. I think PU fishing pressure will be lower this weekend judging by the lack of traffic when I left Kenai this evening but we will see. I think given the news coverage, many might still be under the false impression that fishing on the Kenai has been slow.

  4. #104
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    38 on tonight's tide, mostly using one net after breaking a hoop on a snag. From a boat. That's just shy of our limit and all we need.

  5. #105
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Temporary assignment for work. Airline biz. Maintained my home as primary residence, paid property taxes, US taxes, stored all our crap here. AK DL still valid. Wasn't a resident any where else. Sufficient for AK residency. Not for PFD.
    Thank you for clarifying that.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  6. #106
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    There are several possibilities, and it's really none of your--or our--business.
    Seriously? Wow!
    Actually I feel it is every Alaskans business that those who are harvesting our resources are doing so legally.
    Now I'm not going around asking everybody to see their drivers license.
    But when they give reason to question their residency I'm going to ask.
    I guess some people don't care enough about protecting our resources to ask a simple question.
    I know I care.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  7. #107
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    I do care.

    I also give people a little benefit of the doubt. I know lots of people with legitimate and usually work or military related reasons to be gone for extended periods.

    It must get exhausting assuming the worst of everyone all the time.

  8. #108
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    I do care.

    I also give people a little benefit of the doubt. I know lots of people with legitimate and usually work or military related reasons to be gone for extended periods.

    It must get exhausting assuming the worst of everyone all the time.
    I don't assume the worst.
    But when someone gives reasonable suspicion I will usually ask.
    I feel those who hear reasonable suspicion but won't take 30 seconds to ask a simple question are condoning illegal acts.
    And it was easy and simple for him to clarify.
    I suppose for some it is easier to assume their innocent then to help protect Alaska's resources.
    To each his own. But I care enough to take 30 seconds to ask.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  9. #109
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I don't assume the worst.
    But when someone gives reasonable suspicion I will usually ask.
    I feel those who hear reasonable suspicion but won't take 30 seconds to ask a simple question are condoning illegal acts.
    And it was easy and simple for him to clarify.
    I suppose for some it is easier to assume their innocent then to help protect Alaska's resources.
    To each his own. But I care enough to take 30 seconds to ask.
    Your definition of reasonable suspicion and mine are different.

    I doubt many people breaking the law come on a public forum and announce it ahead of time, for one thing. Common sense tells me that.

    As mentioned, I can think of many legit reasons to be gone from the state and maintaining residency.

    Also as mentioned, what he did really isn't any of your business. It's irrelevant, in fact, to anything. A better question would have simply been "are you still a resident?"

  10. #110
    Member cdubbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KP, the dingleberry of Alaska
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Please post your 2017 Kenai River Dipnetting Reports in this thread!

    -Mike
    Just thought I'd re-post the OP's request....it's pretty simple. It doesn't say "post non-stop posturing, disparagement, and condescension".....just, "How's the fishing?"....maybe give the word vomit a rest, gents.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

  11. #111
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    Just thought I'd re-post the OP's request....it's pretty simple. It doesn't say "post non-stop posturing, disparagement, and condescension".....just, "How's the fishing?"....maybe give the word vomit a rest, gents.
    I'm sorry that concern for Alaska's resources offends you.
    I'll take it to another forum.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  12. #112
    Member kwackkillncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    chugiak, ak
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    My wife is down there with some friends haven't heard anything yet but watching the webcam it looks like it's pretty good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

  13. #113
    Member TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that.
    I understand your concern and not offended. Also understand Coho's position. Thank you both. It's good to be home.

    South beach 3 nets. Fished the outgoing tide. Two fish. Slow thus far. Just waking up from a nap and we are getting ready to hit it again. Great weather though.
    -Tim

  14. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I'm sorry that concern for Alaska's resources offends you.
    I'll take it to another forum.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    it amazes me how many people just don't realize they are breaking the law. 2 years ago I watched several kings taken during the dip net season any I politely informed those individuals that they had just broken the law, most did not even realize they had a king. This year I had people ask if it was legal to retain dollies and kings...

    While not knowing the law is no excuse, I see no harm in helping an individual out by clarifying a situation that may either be a direct attempt to violate the law or in fact simply not knowing they were breaking it.

    ^^this guy is doing the right thing by asking. He didn't turn anyone in, he simply put it out there. No different than a trooper asking to see your dip net permit.

  15. #115
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    There's a guy with a post for an open seat on a boat dipping Sunday. 4 people fishing, each get 1/4 of the catch...

    I suggested he check party limit legality.

  16. #116
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    And he thanked me and changed the offer.

  17. #117
    Member Gr is for Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorville
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    There's a guy with a post for an open seat on a boat dipping Sunday. 4 people fishing, each get 1/4 of the catch...

    I suggested he check party limit legality.
    That's an interesting question / issue. Don't want to hijack this reports thread, so I'm starting a new thread in the main dipnetting forum... -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

  18. #118
    Member TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Got home (ER) last night at 2300. Fished 5 high tides Kenai south, though the ones at night were curtailed because of the curfew. We got 29 reds in total with 2.5 nets. The .5 net is a 3.5 foot hoop I made as a sweeper and it doesn't hold well in the current. We ditched that when we got on the gravel bar. From that point my boys had both steel nets and I just BS'd with the other dippers until I needed to pick their fish. My boys (12 and 14) held up well camping and fishing there for 3 days. Weather was amazingly good. We're all wicked sunburned. We'll all have 5 footers from Ron Fuller next year.
    -Tim

  19. #119
    Member mud dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Soldotna
    Posts
    126

    Default

    dipnetting reports due by midnight tonight aug 15

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •