Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Kenai River Dipnetting Reports

Default 2017 Kenai River Dipnetting Reports

Please post your 2017 Kenai River Dipnetting Reports in this thread!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Anyone? I know numbers have been a bit slow but someone has to have tried by now...

Respectable early season action on the Kenai with calm seas and no crowds. Just watched for about ten minutes and saw one boat with 2 nets pick 3 in a drift, and another boat with 1 net caught 1 in half of the drift that I watched. You know who won't have empty freezers this winter? These guys! Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen a couple guys dragging in fish on 7/10/17, as I was plowing into the mouth of the river. We were seeing a few kenai fish. They are coming

Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Anyone have any luck with a boat. Getting the boat ready for a family trip this weekend.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Got 30 on the opener with the boat, 2 nets, 6 hours...missed 10...hit the back of the nets LOL!!!!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

fishing 3 nets right now from a boat. Landed 3 reds and a baby flounder. Awful quiet.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

South Beach right now... looks like a vehicle burning?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_rn View Post
    fishing 3 nets right now from a boat. Landed 3 reds and a baby flounder. Awful quiet.
    We stuck it out a little longer and finished with 7

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    South Beach right now... looks like a vehicle burning?
    Looks like the fishing is heating up!

I fished south beach this morning, I struck out. I think I saw fewer than 10 fish all morning among the 30-40 people I could see from where I was standing. It seemed to pick up a little after the tide peaked and was headed back out. Attachment 93772

Anybody know what the "typical" commercial schedule is? I spent some time on the ADF&G site and saw that they had extended Thursday's opener from 7 to 10pm by emergency order, but I couldn't find what the normal schedule is. I think I recall something about Tuesdays and Thursdays (maybe 7am to 7pm??) and some other day(s), but I couldn't find anything in my search. If someone could let me know what the normal commercial schedule for the Kenai/Kasilof district is or point me to the right website, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcherdaddy View Post
    Anybody know what the "typical" commercial schedule is? I spent some time on the ADF&G site and saw that they had extended Thursday's opener from 7 to 10pm by emergency order, but I couldn't find what the normal schedule is. I think I recall something about Tuesdays and Thursdays (maybe 7am to 7pm??) and some other day(s), but I couldn't find anything in my search. If someone could let me know what the normal commercial schedule for the Kenai/Kasilof district is or point me to the right website, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
    If you have Facebook look up Alaska fishing newtwork. He has daily posting of what happing.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thanks!
    I can't seem to find the current info, either. Mon/Thur used to be the standard days, with 24 hours of extra time allowed by Emergency Order through the week. I'm assuming that it is still the same schedule, but could well be wrong.

Dipping the last 2 days by boat. Very slow. 12 over last 2 days. Definitely need to put the work in to get your fish. Not sure how beaches are doing.

Thanks!
    Monday & Thursdays, 7am to 7pm with up to 24 hours of additional fishing time for setnet by EO. ADFG has a recorded hotline with commercial openings as they relate to the Kenai/Kasilof dipnet fisheries. 267-2512 (in Anchorage).
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

I dipped the Kenai north beach Thursday morning/evening. Both were slow. 5 reds/2pinks for 4 hours around the morning high tide. 2 pinks for 4 hours around the evening high tide. Lots of pinks being caught. I saw 1 nice king netted just before 11pm. Lots of people. The food truck offerings are kinda weak compared to previous years unless you just want a good cup of coffee. Sitting for an hour now near Summit Lake while a wreck is cleared. Y'all be careful driving this weekend.

Anyone dip last night? I expected it to be mediocre but steady but had to work late so did not get a chance to observe. If this year is anything like last the PM tides were the most productive. For boats at least I'd be hitting PM high tide and fishing the ebb - especially if those dang commies aren't fishing. Today I would be fishing right now. Tomorrow I'd hit the pm flood and fish right till close. Obviously the commercial schedule would factor into when I went dipping (and why I'd fish hard this morning rather than tonight), but that does not mean you can't catch fish when the commies are out. I'm betting next week will be filled with some productive dipping.

I'm sitting at work watching the north beach cam. Few fish being caught this morning, but I've learned where a few of the most productive spots are. There is one small group fairly steadily catching fish.

Considering the number of people fishing, I think you are lucky if you get any. Comfish fleet is heading out, so I wouldn't expect huge improvement today.

Dipped two nets from a boat for 9 fishing yesterday evening's high tide. Slow overall with a few boats hitting double digit numbers. Saw quite a few Kings picked up in comparison to sockeyes. Not too crowded.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast