Thread: Looking to Hunt in Alaska

Default Looking to Hunt in Alaska

Im a Alberta boy who has always been dreaming of hunting in Alaska one day, Im hoping to find and make some friends to swap storys and pherhaps hunting experiences with, Although What I have to offer hardly compares to the truly amazing oppertunites that are available in Alaska I would like to invite any one with tips or intrest in this to please respond.
    Thanks

Mark

Don't aliens have to hire a guide to hunt big game in Alberta?

You guys have the biggest whitetails available, and plenty of black bears.

Are all the wood bison a protected species?

Every resident can hunter host an alien with a class C guide license every three years, I have three guys from PA coming moose hunting in 08 with some buddys and me, we traded a hunt in Quebec for Caribou. I have taken a 159 and a 168" White tail, we also have Big mule deer theres some every year taken over 200 around my place. I ve taken some nice black bear also. And as far as bison go there is a few Units you can hunt them without a license But there all in the northernest part of the province.

Unfortunately we don't have that option in Alaska. Non resident aliens are required to hire a guide for all big game hunting.

Default Not all

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Unfortunately we don't have that option in Alaska. Non resident aliens are required to hire a guide for all big game hunting.
    I not sure that you mean all big game. You can hunt deer, moose and caribou without a guide and I think you can do black bear. Brown bear, sheep, etc you do need a guide. Right or worng??? I'm not claiming to be the expert.

All big game.

Thumbs down ALL

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    All big game.
    Sorry, I guess I missed it also. Right now you have to hire a guide to hunt ALL species? If so that sucks for the "blue-collar" guy like me.

Default Non resident hunters don't need a guide for

everything like stated. But you are a non resident ALIEN. That is where the whole picture changes.

Thumbs up whew

Thanks Again Akrstabout