Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Copper River Dipnetting Reports

Default 2017 Copper River Dipnetting Reports

Please post your 2017 Copper River Dipnetting reports in this thread!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks for getting this started. Best of luck to everyone this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishC...displayResults

Miles Lake sonar is up and running
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Only for a couple hours a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by BIGAKSTUFF View Post
    Link doesn't work for me, here's another to try:

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishC...&SpeciesID=420
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com

Wonder how many thousand kings the commercial opener caught now that us plebeians are no longer allowed to fish for them?
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I think I saw 4,400 on the opener if I was looking at the right information. I didn't have an opportunity to read the article, but two comments I saw were that they were surprised that many were taken, and they were concerned about the size of the fish. Maybe somebody else can elaborate more on this.

Plan is for us to head out the last week of June for our big family trip. We'll plan a smaller banzai trip down to fill permits if needed later in the season.

This is from the 5/20 ADF&G news release:

"Preliminary harvest estimate from the 12-hour period that occurred on Monday, May 18 was 1,900 Chinook and 36,000 sockeye salmon. This compares to ananticipated harvest of 37,200 sockeye salmon for this period."

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ap.../782043139.pdf
    “The mountains are calling and I must go.” - John Muir

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

I decided to use a little hydro turf to protect the top of my gunnel from dip nets on my new boat. Looking forward to season even if it slow.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I was looking at doing something similar. I just picked up a new Predator towards the end of last year and wanted to protect the sides from the dipnet pin striping. I was thinking of 3-4" PVC pipe and lining the inside so it won't rub the paint. Is that hydro turf sticky? I was trying to find a material that wouldn't grip too much. Is that glued on or pressure fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I was looking at doing something similar. I just picked up a new Predator towards the end of last year and wanted to protect the sides from the dipnet pin striping. I was thinking of 3-4" PVC pipe and lining the inside so it won't rub the paint. Is that hydro turf sticky? I was trying to find a material that wouldn't grip too much. Is that glued on or pressure fit?
    Yes it has 3m on back side.
    http://hydroturf.com/products/Sheets...Boating?page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson's Dad View Post
    "Preliminary harvest estimate from the 12-hour period that occurred on Monday, May 18 was 1,900 Chinook and 36,000 sockeye salmon. This compares to ananticipated harvest of 37,200 sockeye salmon for this period."

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ap.../782043139.pdf
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ap.../774015626.pdf
    "The 2017 CCPF harvest projections for the Copper River District are 889,000 sockeye, 207,000 coho, and 4,000 Chinook salmon"

so only 2,100 more allowed 4 commercial 2 harvest this season? lol season will b over this week

I think the fishery board has seven members ... does anybody know of the seven how many have ties to commercial fishing? I didn't get the whole story but it went something like this... an Advisory Board gave a recommendation that they have an emergency order for commercial fishing ..
    to do something too help the Kings... the recommendation was voted down 4 to 3... if someone has the story could you please post it... in the past I don't think they have ever had openings closings whatever because of Kings except for areas to fish... when they have openings and how long I think has always been according to the Sockeye... the only way to cut down on fishing is if there's a weak Sockeye escapement... I know it's kind of early to tell but it's starting out that way... they had a 12 hour opening on Monday... it'll be interesting how they did on Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Francis View Post
    ... if someone has the story could you please post it...
    You can listen to the audio of the meeting:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re.../indexlan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Francis View Post
    I think the fishery board has seven members ... does anybody know of the seven how many have ties to commercial fishing? I didn't get the whole story but it went something like this... an Advisory Board gave a recommendation that they have an emergency order for commercial fishing ..
    to do something too help the Kings... the recommendation was voted down 4 to 3... if someone has the story could you please post it... in the past I don't think they have ever had openings closings whatever because of Kings except for areas to fish... when they have openings and how long I think has always been according to the Sockeye... the only way to cut down on fishing is if there's a weak Sockeye escapement... I know it's kind of early to tell but it's starting out that way... they had a 12 hour opening on Monday... it'll be interesting how they did on Kings
    Craig Medred has been following this developing story on his news blog: https://craigmedred.news/

Someone needs to get cited for taking a personal use king and challenge it in court. Allocating 100% of the resource to commercial is a clear violation of Alaska law and constitution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

OK, c'mon. It's been open for subsistence dipping for 15 hours and 58 minutes. Where are the reports? ;-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    Someone needs to get cited for taking a personal use king and challenge it in court. Allocating 100% of the resource to commercial is a clear violation of Alaska law and constitution.
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...harvestsummary oh snape 9,000kingz! save sum 4 da walez commguyz jeez..

Quote Originally Posted by Jisler View Post
    www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=commercialbyareacopperriver.harvest summary oh snape 9,000kingz! save sum 4 da walez commguyz jeez..
    Seriously. At what point do they say it's enough? Harvest was supposed to be 5000 to ensure adequate escapement, but hey, let's let them keep catching and see if we can decimate the population.

There is no conservation logic here, just dollar signs.

***!!! Seriously, there is not enough for residents to even keep one but commercial just doubled the entire seasonal allocation without blinking an eye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast