Thread: Whittier Launch & Parking Status

Default Whittier Launch & Parking Status

Hello, Anybody been in Whittier this week to see if the boat ramp is ice free? Also, what does the truck & trailer parking situation look like? Thanks in advance!

Lynden Camera of the Commercial launch. Not sure about Parking

Blowing like a son of a gun I heard, at the dock right now.

Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Blowing like a son of a gun I heard, at the dock right now.

Bk
    Good luck hope you have a fun and safe trip
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Headed out later this week ourselves. A friend sat there till this afternoon but finally launched. Must have subsided.
    Good luck and be safe this weekend.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

https://www.wunderground.com/persona...d?ID=KAKWHITT2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

http://cliffsidemarina.org/web-cams/

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

here's another I use a lot

You need to zoom in, but loads of sensors all over
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Update on parking. Friday of last week, they had the front part of the big parking lot (parking hole) cleared enough of snow that you could park there. I did have to put my truck in 4WD to get unstuck once I got in there. But most of that snow should be gone in a few days. They hadn't plowed any of the back part of the lot. Oh, and their prices went up to I think $28/2 days. Probably because of all the improvements they've made (sarcasm). Now that that parking area is open, the Harbor Master says nobody can park in the lot next to the water. People parked off to the side of the road near the tracks all had orange tickets on the windshields. For the tunnel that goes beneath the tracks, the walkway isn't cleared. You'll have to go down the steepest part of the bank that's still got lots of snow on it. The last half of the tunnel is dark. I had to walk with my arms out to my side so I wouldn't walk into the tunnel walls. When you exit the tunnel, you have to climb out over the snow. Watch your head or you will hit it on the ceiling as you exit. It was a beautiful weekend. So-so on shrimp and a few rockfish too small to keep.

Well, we couldn't expect them to keep the rates at the increased price of last year for much longer could we? Come on, we should pay a fine price to break axles, tires and loosen every bolt on our truck/trailer while using that lot. What's another few bucks? It makes the trip to Seward even that much more enjoyable. That's what it is.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Well, we couldn't expect them to keep the rates at the increased price of last year for much longer could we? Come on, we should pay a fine price to break axles, tires and loosen every bolt on our truck/trailer while using that lot. What's another few bucks? It makes the trip to Seward even that much more enjoyable. That's what it is.
    Yep couldn't agree more.

someone should find out when the lease for the wrecking lot comes up for bid again. Lets get a bunch of folks together pitch in some money and try to get the lease then treat the lot like deska landing sell memberships and make some improvements.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    someone should find out when the lease for the wrecking lot comes up for bid again. Lets get a bunch of folks together pitch in some money and try to get the lease then treat the lot like deska landing sell memberships and make some improvements.
    Count me in Steve.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

i have broken an axle and tongue in that lot. i like the co-op idea, sign me up for volunteer days. what a representation of the rest of the state, tax money to be made, services to people can be provided to increase the quality of life, more jobs created and yet no-go. the new road if it ever gets built it will profit a particular corporation not the people, so the raping will continue. whittier, the most disliked city in alaska what an honor.