Thread: Looking for a Grumman

Default Looking for a Grumman

Hey all-

Looking for a Grumman 17-19 double ender or square back. Just missed a 17 off CL but not a lot show up on there.

Thanks for any leads!

There's a couple on alaskaslist right now. One for a very good price if its in decent shape. I just sold an old sport boat yesterday.
    -

I'm waiting anxiously for a call back on the 19'. I have a sport boat already and love it!

The sport boat is the 19' with about 4 ft lopped off the back. Both great boats. Both are getting hard to find around here.

When looking, keep in mind that not all Grumman boats of the same design/length are created equally. Over time, there have been two different material thicknesses used. If your use is limited mostly to lakes and not dragging over gravel/rocks, the thinner material should work fine. If you intend to use it on more rivers where you are more likely to hit rocks or need to drag over gravel on a regular basis, you might want to make sure to look for the thicker material. I believe the first ones were the thicker material. They then moved to a thinner material and may have gone back to the thicker material since then but not sure.

Just something to look at. I know for me, I have no use for the ones with thinner material.

I agree completely with anchskier on material thickness. I own a 17' made out of .032 with a sail kit. It still floats, but sure is beat up.

When Grumman became Marathon, they went to .040. They have since gone back to the original thickness .050...

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    The sport boat is the 19' with about 4 ft lopped off the back. Both great boats. Both are getting hard to find around here.
    I thought this was the case as well when I had my 19'. But the sport boat has a beam of 43 inches and the 19' beam is 40". This makes the 19 foot more efficient for long trips I would think. But I really like the sport boat.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

The 19 SQ & the sport , are both great boats, but both different , it all depends on what you will use it for , if it is a fishing boat you want the sport
    is the best , for long halls the 19 is the best for the job , as I see it , could be wrong , SID

Kandiyohi, I have a 17' double ender I can sell you for very cheap. Pm me and we can talk about it.